Sokoban/Chip's Challenge similarities with keys and doors

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
cuddersful

Sokoban/Chip's Challenge similarities with keys and doors

Post by cuddersful »

This has been driving me crazy. I've searched every possible archive - UV List, DOS Games, Demu... I can't track down a game I used to play. Any help would be appreciated!

I played this on a Windows machine pre-1999 - but most likely between 1994-97. I can't remember what OS we used - I guess it was Win 3.X, 95 or 98, but we were never that up to date so probably 3.X or 95.

It was similar to Chip's Challenge, but a bit less complex. Each level was only the size of the window, and the aim was to collect keys and gems etc to leave the level. You had to collect keys to open doors, I think there may have been a bit of block pushing and some bugs or other "bad things". I don't recall any digging like in Rocks N Diamonds, and the levels seemed a bit smaller than that game.

What made this stand out is that when you collected certain objects, I'm pretty sure the character said "TALISMAN" or something that sounded similar, in a deep voice. Weird - but that's what I remember the most!

I think the character had a red beard - maybe a leprechaun or a dwarf (but it wasn't Heartlight or Apocalypse Abyss).

The graphics were pretty basic - I think it was top-down perspective like Chip's Challenge/Sokoban.

The game was loaded through the desktop screen (ie it didn't need to be loaded in the DOS screen). It wasn't part of any of the entertainment packs - but suspect it was shareware or a demo as I don't remember playing the game that far so think we just had a few levels.

I think that's it - thank you!
Quadko
Darklander
Darklander

Post by Quadko »

You probably found this list, but jic:
https://www.mobygames.com/game-group/so ... t,0/so,1a/

There's one where you play a little tank/bulldozer robot, but I never remember the name.

Or wanderer, for a different puzzle game.https://www.mobygames.com/game/wanderer

But I have no idea on the TALISMIN thing...
cuddersful

Post by cuddersful »

Ah thanks for that - it wasn't those but thank you anyway! It's driving me mad.