DOS Games Message Board
DOS Games Discussion
A message board to talk about DOS games, get help, and find old games.
Do NOT post warez or abandonware requests please

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

+ SoundBlaster Live! stuck on IRQ 11

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Get Games to Work
McNider

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2002 3:29 pm     Post subject: + SoundBlaster Live! stuck on IRQ 11 Reply with quote

I've been searching on the net for a valid answer but it seems that everyone that have a sound card stuck on IRQ 11 just give up and install an old one on an ISA slot...
Does anyone know if there's an emulator out there or something that could read IRQ 11 for my SoundBlaster Live! 5.1 PCI sound card ?
'Cause, as you know, DOS can't read IRQ 11 and even if I force it under my BIOS, it just won't work...
Any idea ?
Unknown_K
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2002 3:42 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Soundblaster started to suck after they baught out Aureal, Soundscape, and who knows what else... go buy an ISA soundblaster 16 PNP and add a yamaha db50 wavetable addon card and you will have the best DOS gaming sound.

Failing that reserver IRQ 11 in your bios and in windows so your card can pick another irq.
procerus
Expert
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2002 9:06 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

McNider? What OS are you using?

I'm sure that the SoundBlaster drivers ought to be installing "legacy" support too on IRQ 5 (IRQ 11 is just the Windows support)? The drivers ought to be taking over two IRQs. And surely in full DOS mode (or DOS proper) the drivers must be on 5 too?
John The Ax

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2002 9:45 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

How about VDMSound? It won't work below Windows 2K, though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Get Games to Work All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Free Windows games