DOS Games Message Board
DOS Games Discussion
A message board to talk about DOS games, get help, and find old games.
Do NOT post warez or abandonware requests please

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
NEW! DOSGames.com has been massively upgraded to v2.0 with TONS of new features!
Check out the new design and dozens of new features including online play!

Single player mech-centric game for original Xbox

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Find Old Games
Napper

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:05 pm     Post subject: Single player mech-centric game for original Xbox Reply with quote

I can't seem to find this anywhere. It probably wasn't a dream or hallucination.

Several years ago (maybe 5-10 years) I played this game on the original Xbox, and even then it wasn't a new game.

It was single player, I don't think it had a multiplayer option, but maybe I just didn't check.

There was a large mech suit you could control for battle against multiple other mechs in different maps that were ruined cities. You could upgrade and personalize this mech with different weapons and armor. You would try to win as many of these battles as you could, and winning more would get you to different lettered grades (D, C, B, A, S). And moving forward would get you access to more cool stuff.

There was a bit of a story as well, I think, but no movement or anything outside of the battle, just text boxes and the like. I don't remember a lot about the story but for some reason I remember there was some holographic popstar that was talked about at some point?

I remember really liking it, and I might be romanticizing a bit, but I would like to see if there have been different versions or of the developer is doing anything else now.
Quadko
Darklander
Darklander

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:28 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.mobygames.com/game-group/mechassault-series
Napper

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:40 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

I appreciate the reply, but this is not the game I'm looking for.

I'll try to specify a bit. Unlike the game series from that reply, it's more of a third person shooter, I think. I think you could even switch to first person. And it was almost as if it was a multi-player battle arena, but it was against AI. And it was less of a level-to-level campaign and more of a tournament style. I hope I'm remembering it right.

And again, you would be climbing up the ranks instead of following tasks or levels.
extrax

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 8:29 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Could it have been Chromehounds?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Find Old Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1