DOS Games Message Board
DOS Games Discussion
A message board to talk about DOS games, get help, and find old games.
Do NOT post warez or abandonware requests please

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
NEW! DOSGames.com has been massively upgraded to v2.0 with TONS of new features!
Check out the new design and dozens of new features including online play!

strategy game 93-95,similar to settlers,managing peope in vi

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Find Old Games
JohnnyKE10

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:11 pm     Post subject: strategy game 93-95,similar to settlers,managing peope in vi Reply with quote

Hi all,

please help me find this game.

I dont remember much of it,just that you were controlling villagers and everyone was good at something else
there were soldiers that could fight monsters and bandits,builders that were good at construction but weak in combat.

also there was day and night changing. when it was night, villagers had lightbulbs above their heads.

thank you.

john
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:17 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

At first I wanted to say something like Cultures but this is way too late for the time frame that you specified. Maybe Beasts & Bumpkins?
JohnnyKE10

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:36 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks MrFlibble for the tip, the game was similar to Beasts & Bumpkins, but it was not really village management.

It is a shame I dont remember much from that game, one thing that came to me was, that if a builder was sent to fight anybody, he would throw something like nails at enemies
cristy_maxspeed

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:29 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm the only games I can think of in that time range are Stronghold (1993), Warlords II (1993), Warcraft II: Tides Of Darkness, Lords of the Realm (1994), Caesar 1 and Civilization 1.
Which platform did you play it on? Are you absolutely sure of the time period? Is it turn-based or real-time?
JohnnyKE10

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:25 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure about the time period but I was around 6 or 10 so I played it in year 96-2000 but I am sure it was made bit sooner. It was not turn based, everything was real time
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Find Old Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1