DOS Games Message Board
DOS Games Discussion
A message board to talk about DOS games, get help, and find old games.
Do NOT post warez or abandonware requests please

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mad Max style CGA side scroller

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Find Old Games
dbtothados

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:21 am     Post subject: Mad Max style CGA side scroller Reply with quote

I used to have this game, I thought it was actually Mad Max, but maybe it was just a Mad Max style game. It was a CGA side scroller, 2D, super old. Had to be between 1981 and 1985, prob no later than 1983 really.

It involved cars, motorcycles and helicopters, I think. It's one of those that's so old, you don't even choose CGA/EGA, it was like RGB/Composite/etc. The only other thing I remember about it is that it would always say "Operation complete" at the bottom of the screen, but at least on my screen, it had a glitch where it'd always overwrite the words, so it said "Operation completeorcycle" because it was writing over the word "motorcycle". That's all I remember, but I think I played it a billion times as a kid.
Rwolf
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:16 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

I found this action game; motorcycles & jet airplanes in a transformers style game.

http://www.mobygames.com/game/dos/reflex-point
dbtothados

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:38 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for checking in! That's not the one, but that looks like a really badass game for the time! Some of the visual elements are similar but that's probably more the nature of CGA graphics. The cars/cycles/etc were a little smaller, from what I remember.
dbtothados

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:59 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Found it! It's called Flightmare.
Rwolf
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:00 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, that one I have actually played too, but forgot about it now.
It was a bit confusing with the two simulataneous top-down & side views, IMO.

Obligtory Mobygames link: http://www.mobygames.com/game/dos/flightmare
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Find Old Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1