DOS Games Message Board
DOS Games Discussion
A message board to talk about DOS games, get help, and find old games.
Do NOT post warez or abandonware requests please

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
NEW! DOSGames.com has been massively upgraded to v2.0 with TONS of new features!
Check out the new design and dozens of new features including online play!

Put Up Tents, Gather Plants, Make Tea

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Find Old Games
CrystalHour

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:41 pm     Post subject: Put Up Tents, Gather Plants, Make Tea Reply with quote

Hi! Trying to find a game I used to play, the last time I played was around 2014.
You build tents, then can improve them. You pick plants, etc, and make tea.
There is a rumbling going on that you're trying to figure out.
In one of the areas, you pick up snow to make water, and can make pine tea.
There's also a snow "monster" that ends up helping when you find out he likes to read.
You can build barbecues and a kitchen.
In one of the areas, you build machines that make metals, or something like that.
You move your gear to a new area with your improved vehicles, and there's a helicopter.
Any help will be greatly appreciated!
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:40 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Additional info would be helpful like did you play this on a PC, a console or in the browser. What was the viewpoint like. etc. You have read the rules haven't you. Probably not.
CrystalHour

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:34 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

"Assume" just makes a "you know" what. I did read the rules, thank you. Thought I had put "PC" in there. Bet your brains aren't fried after a few hours of searching and entering info over and over, and have a real life, too. No one is perfect, not even you. You could have left the snideness out. Respect comes from being respectful. Thank you for so kindly reminding me of things that I couldn't recall when I posted this....

~~~~~~~~~~

More info:

I downloaded this from a website (???) on my PC, Windows based. Last played around 2014.

You are looking down on the areas you are searching and building up, but can move the map around, and get different viewpoints, too.
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:30 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

CrystalHour wrote:
You could have left the snideness out.

I guess it won't hurt to apologise if I sounded too harsh. You wouldn't believe how many people make posts omitting even the most basic details and hope their game will be identified by meagre scraps of information.

Even though we have posting rules designed to help you out. Plan your description and try to recall the essential details as best as you can before posting.

There are hundreds of thousands of games out there, many of them having similar features, plots, character designs and playing mechanics. Every detail counts. All the while some users think a few words suffice to identify the game. Over and over again.

Do you have a character, or do the tents appear out of nowhere? Do little guys build them for you?

Here are two lists of games that might correspond to your description, sorted by year:
http://www.mobygames.com/browse/games/windows/strategy/managerial/birds-eye-view/offset,0/so,1d/list-games/
http://www.mobygames.com/browse/games/windows/strategy/managerial/top-down/offset,0/so,1d/list-games/

Check if it's there, if not than maybe something looks close enough to serve as a starting point.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Find Old Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1