Mission based science fiction game [Traffic Department 2192]

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
Luca

Mission based science fiction game [Traffic Department 2192]

Post by Luca »

Hello everyone,

I'm looking for a game released in the 90's (I guess).
You control a sort of ship but in a city. You can fire in front of you with your ship.
The view is from the top and you can only turn with 90° moves because the streets of the city are parallel and perpendicular. If you enter a dead-end, your ship explode because you can't U-turn. Your ship is always moving at the same speed and you can't stop it.
The city is not very large (3 or 4 screens from left to right, same thing from top to bottom) and there is a wall all around it.

In the story, you take the role of a woman police officer and you have to do some patrol missions .
The missions (as I remember) are to locate and kill other ships and/or protect convoys going from A to B.
At the bottom of the screen, there's a minimap. Red squares are ennemies, green squares are the convoys.

If you have any ideas, let me know !

P.S. Sorry for my english, I'm French :)
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Re: mission based science fiction game

Post by MrFlibble »

Luca wrote:In the story, you take the role of a woman police officer and you have to do some patrol missions .
The missions (as I remember) are to locate and kill other ships and/or protect convoys going from A to B.
At the bottom of the screen, there's a minimap. Red squares are ennemies, green squares are the convoys.
Traffic Department 2192?
Luca wrote:P.S. Sorry for my english, I'm French :)
You wouldn't believe how many mistakes native speakers make in their posts sometimes :) In fact I believe people are generally tend to more careful when typing in a foreign language (English isn't my first language either BTW).
Luca

Post by Luca »

Thank you so much Mr.Flbble, that's the game I'm looking for !
Long live your memory ;)