DOS Games Message Board
DOS Games Discussion
A message board to talk about DOS games, get help, and find old games.
Do NOT post warez or abandonware requests please

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Oh No!!! [computer problems]

tHe_nNaT0Rr

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 5:46 pm     Post subject: Oh No!!! [computer problems] Reply with quote

I just love it when your computer dies just out of no wheres. i shut it off to go to a friends house and when i came back i fire it up to go online. It goes past the windows start up screen and then enters this blue screen that shows me this error message.It has a counter at the bottom counting up with the words next to it saying "beginning dump of physical memory."After its done that it restarts the whole process over and over again and never ends till i shut the machine off.Ive tried to boot from disk and start it in safe mode but nothing seems to work.What is going on here?!?!?!
Unknown_K
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 6:14 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

No idea, something crashing the system (bad memory, hard drive with bad sectors, damaged hardware).

Get a copy of norton systemworks thats bootable from the cd and have it check the system out.
486 player
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 2:57 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

Virus?
wadeo999
Expert
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:29 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

thinking that its a virus, plug in a crappy hard drive and boot from that, windows 98 or something and run a virus program, if that dont work, run system chhek.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Free Windows games