DOS Games Message Board
DOS Games Discussion
A message board to talk about DOS games, get help, and find old games.
Do NOT post warez or abandonware requests please

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
NEW! DOSGames.com has been massively upgraded to v2.0 with TONS of new features!
Check out the new design and dozens of new features including online play!

2 player games on one PC - the list

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Find Old Games
klosi

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:42 am     Post subject: 2 player games on one PC - the list Reply with quote

Hi all!
So I've browsed the forum a bit and found some related topics and got a few good tips for my question. But still.... I need more.

I am looking for good 2 player games that are played on one PC/ one screen.

For now my top are:

Super Speed
Jones in the fast lane
Pang
scorched earth
winter/summer challenge
Deluxe ski jump
Blobbey volley
MK, MK2 etc.
Heroes of might and magic (BEST OF ALL!)

So that's a few from the top of my head...
Any good suggestions will be much appreciated, let's make this list GROW!
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:58 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

We should really have a separate game suggestion sub-forum, this one is mostly for finding what you already know.

Your list will certainly include two types of games: hot seat turn-based stuff and same/split-screen multiplayer. You can actually browse both types in MobyGames. Here's a list of Windows hot seat games and here's Windows same/split-screen multiplayer.

Off the top of my head, Tyrian and Nebula Fighter have a same screen two player arcade mode, and I guess quite a few other shmups do the same. This is co-op kind of stuff though, you can't play against one another. I think that The Settlers 2 has a split-screen multiplayer mode but I'm not sure (UPD: here it is). For turn-based strategy games/wargames, try the Steel Panthers or SSI's 5-Star General series. Also Orda has a hot seat mode.
klosi

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:27 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I figured that this thread is not ideal for such a topic.
Anyway, thanks for your help.
I checked the list but unfortunatly it does only cover games from 1995. Still ok, just looking for some more old classics.
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:44 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

klosi wrote:
I checked the list but unfortunatly it does only cover games from 1995. Still ok, just looking for some more old classics.

That's because it's a list of Windows games (I wasn't sure what period you were interested in so I picked the most probable choice). You can browse DOS titles (or for any other platform) the same way:
DOS Hot Seat games
DOS Same/Split Screen games
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Find Old Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1