Emulators

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
Core_12
Lord of Gaming
Lord of Gaming

Emulators

Post by Core_12 »

Just wondering... You all like DOS games, that's why you're here. DOS gae are old, so do you like also other old gaes such as SNES games?

Does anybody know a place where to get some emulators? Let's say... SNES or GBC?
"Long before there was ultra-super-duper-128-bit-polygon-video-capture, hardware hype, wEiRd TyPe, pointless game ratings, E3, SCREAMING GUYS in ads, Virtual Reality, cliches like "in your face" and "it's the ultimate", 360 degree roto-scope-rhetoric from self righteous reviewers, CD-this, 3-D that, multi-million-dollar TV commercials tainted with TOILET humor...

...there was fun."

The OPCFG - dedicated to the preservation of classic forms of gaming since 1998!
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

Post by Dogbreath »

I have a SNES emulation known as "Nestron" that seems to work well. Ask JTA for more information about it.
emmzee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by emmzee »

A good site for emulators (as well as emulation news) is Zophar:

http://www.zophar.net/

Their page of SNES emulators is here in case you need one:

http://www.zophar.net/snes.html

I personally use ZSNES for Windows:

http://www.zsnes.com

There's also some kinda group Internet play thing called zbattle.net (I assume a takeoff of battle.net) for ZSNES, but I think its down atm (I've never tried it)

http://www.zbattle.net/

Another good site for emu news is RetroGames:

http://www.retrogames.com

I visit Zophar and RG pretty much daily for news.

Apologies if this is all old news to you :shame: I'm sure it will be interesting to other people reading this thread :)

(Note to mods: Posting links to emulators is okay ... roms is a no-no :no: )
Owner / Webmaster of DOSGames.com for over 20 years

Download my free ebook: The Historical Reliability of the New Testament
wardrich
"Some Troll"

Post by wardrich »

I too use ZSNES (win) for SNES

here are my prefs for the other systems

Meka Is one of the most amazing emulators I have EVER seen. It will emulate Sega Master System, Sega Genesis AND Sega GameGear... all in 1 emu!

Nesticle is one of the best NES emulators I have seen

MAME is pretty good for those Arcade favourites, but many of the ROMs need to be edited to get to work... (wally sent me a HUGE text file that tells you how to mod the files to get them to work)

although it isn't free, NoCa$h is about the best Gameboy / GBC emulator ou can get.
Core_12
Lord of Gaming
Lord of Gaming

Post by Core_12 »

Thanks guys! Particulary I'm intrested in SNES. And BTW, who's JTA?
"Long before there was ultra-super-duper-128-bit-polygon-video-capture, hardware hype, wEiRd TyPe, pointless game ratings, E3, SCREAMING GUYS in ads, Virtual Reality, cliches like "in your face" and "it's the ultimate", 360 degree roto-scope-rhetoric from self righteous reviewers, CD-this, 3-D that, multi-million-dollar TV commercials tainted with TOILET humor...

...there was fun."

The OPCFG - dedicated to the preservation of classic forms of gaming since 1998!
Splodginator
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Splodginator »

JTA is John the Ax.
Core_12
Lord of Gaming
Lord of Gaming

Post by Core_12 »

Ah yes. Well I downloaded the ZSNES, and it looks great! Just where can I find roms then? Let's say... Donkey Kong Country and Super Mario World?
------
Never mind, I found DKC 1-3, Super Mario all stars, Super Mario World and Yoshi's island already! They should be enough. (Though finding them was EXTREAMELY difficult. I went thru a thousand Google searches and ended up with a site that makes pop-ups all the time. So I battled with the pop-ups while downloading the roms. EXTREMELY frustrating! (So if anybody need those roms entioned, feel free to ask me...))

...there was fun."

hirbele

Post by hirbele »

Core_12 wrote:(Though finding them was EXTREAMELY difficult. I went thru a thousand Google searches and ended up with a site that makes pop-ups all the time. So I battled with the pop-ups while downloading the roms. EXTREMELY frustrating! (So if anybody need those roms entioned, feel free to ask me...))
I know problems like that but I recognized that russian, or romanian sites are best choice for illegal download.

Illegal thats what it is, but where else can you download things like that legally? Or buy some compilation CD? Îf anyone knows - post it
wardrich
"Some Troll"

Post by wardrich »

Quickie

That 24H rule is actually unofficial. Downloading ROMs whether you have the cart or not is actually illegal. It's a bit of a grey zone right now, but in all technicality, it is still 100% illegal to own ROMs.

As far as rom sites go, I know of 2 really good ones. If anybody is interested, just PM me.

-Richard-
Splodginator
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by Splodginator »

95% illegal. Making ROMS is allowed if you don't share them, I believe.
Stan

ya i know good siite

Post by Stan »

heres the best rom site i came to
its called Rom World
im not givin link cuz it is illgal and dont wont any one to know what roms i have:D
and heres one that has some ligal roms!
angel roms
and thay got Znes and mame ect all the EMU's and Roms you can thank of