DOS Games Message Board
DOS Games Discussion
A message board to talk about DOS games, get help, and find old games.
Do NOT post warez or abandonware requests please

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Unkown year RPG/RTS 3D game

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Find Old Games
MidnightVinny

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:34 pm     Post subject: Unkown year RPG/RTS 3D game Reply with quote

First of all, the game runs on Windows 95/98/2000/XP no DosBox needed for Win7

So, there are three monks or priests, guys in robes.
They fight with hands and each one have a skill tree
The skill tree is very detailed
First one is like a frontline brawler, that deals good damage by hitting with empowered attacks, have more resistance than others
Second is a sorcerer, using debilitating and damaging skills that can go through walls and can drain health
Third is a team healer and supporter that can summon minions and control enemies, even reviving dead bodies into an area (no limit, as many bodies as you can reach) to fight alongside then die after some time
You can control them together, or separatedly

There is a very specific thing about this game that is a converging three-liner, like, there is a line on each controllable character that point to a converging point in the middle of the team, which is used to control a hostage that you have to save in a mission

Also I recall more things about it

Each level you can use points gained through killing to train character abilities and unlock the skill tree, I don't remember if they are shared between the team or if they are personal

There is an itm based system that allows characters to carry 3 items each, items that have passive upgrades like necklaces and rings, and active usable items like beers and other stuff to heal

Each character have a health and mana pool

There is a character, if I remember, the third, that uses bodies to regain mana, it's a spell that consumes little mana, but if there are lots of bodies around, can fill the mana pool

The game have a religious theme with very creepy voice and music all over the game, some gray themed HUD, you can pause it, cast spells or command movement, attack, then unpause.

I also remember having a name started with an M, but I don't remember if it's the first or second if there is a second...

Well, that's it, I think that's all I remember...

Thank you all for helping me A Frikkin Cuccoan
metalgod88

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:09 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't recall this game specifically because a lot what you mentioned is very common, but sounds like an old Might and Magic game. Could also be Icewind Dale or Neverwinter Nights. What kind of graphics do you remember? Fully rendered 3d models or a DOS looking game with 2d sprites?
Quadko
Darklander
Darklander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:47 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Did it play like Diablo - action rpg?
Here's a list of some of those - there were lots, of course:
http://www.mobygames.com/genre/sheet/action-rpg/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Find Old Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Free Windows games