90's DOS fighting game (Champions of Zulula)

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
Jafar

90's DOS fighting game (Champions of Zulula)

Post by Jafar »

Hello all. I've been searching a while now for a strange old game I played a long time ago. It wasn't a game I played often though, so what I remember about it is a bit sketchy.

It was a DOS game, I'm fairly sure. I think I downloaded it from the AOL Kids section, though there's a chance I may have just gotten it from a random shareware disc.

It was a 2D fighting game. There were some strange creatures in the cast, the only one I really remember being some sort of giant eyeball thing. I think there was also some sort of way to customize the parameters of your character in some way.

I think often, a set of sprites would be used for multiple characters, just with different names and stats.

I think I remember most of the menus having a sort of stony aesthetic.

The Quit Game option on the title screen had an animation of a guy being executed with a guillotine.

Does anyone have an idea what this game might be? I've dug up a lot of obscure games from the AOL days, but this one's been eluding me for a while now.

EDIT: I did some more digging, and I managed to find the game, Champions of Zulula.