DOS Games Message Board
DOS Games Discussion
A message board to talk about DOS games, get help, and find old games.
Do NOT post warez or abandonware requests please

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2000s street race game

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Find Old Games
doggydouche

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:22 pm     Post subject: 2000s street race game Reply with quote

The game is playable for WIN. It takes place in Hollywood (there is a Mountain with the Huge Hollywood sign, thats why). In the campaign, you play a some guy who lost all his cash (i think so) and begins to start street races against other drivers to win money. (at the beginning you start in your villa). Thats all of the "story". later on you begin to unlock cars by winning races against better drivers (like some sort of boss?) if u win, i think you have to bring the car home to one of your houses. Meanwhile u are getting chased by black mafia like vans, which try to stop you of bringing home the car. (i think?) So thats the concept i harshly remember. Get money, steal new cars and put it in your selection.
Enough about that. Here some more facts:

-own car as well as other cars in traffic have a damage model
-police exists (but i forgot what they do to the player exactly)
-you can drive through billboards which are gtting counted (billboards are all over the map
-did I forgot to say its open world?
-decent tuning? (i remember that there are workshops where u drive in your car and it comes out tuned)
- random street races all over the map
-beaches with a rollercoaster and a ferrywheel
-different locations (industry, residential districts, "ghettos")

Thats all i could remember, i hope someone knows what i mean Tbbbbbth!.
I liked the game because of the concept of getting new cars by winning races and such (and the cool damage models of course xD)
Im glad for every help of you guys.
Quadko
Darklander
Darklander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:07 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Random guess: Grid?
http://www.mobygames.com/game/grid

It's not really my area of expertise, but here's a list of driving games on windows, sorted by date:
http://www.mobygames.com/browse/games/windows/simulation/racing-driving-2nd/offset,175/so,1d/list-games/

If you want to play with the available search options, just knock the 'list games' off the end of the link:
http://www.mobygames.com/browse/games/windows/simulation/racing-driving-2nd/offset,175/so,1d/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Find Old Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Free Windows games