DOS Games Message Board
DOS Games Discussion
A message board to talk about DOS games, get help, and find old games.
Do NOT post warez or abandonware requests please

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
NEW! DOSGames.com has been massively upgraded to v2.0 with TONS of new features!
Check out the new design and dozens of new features including online play!

Old mining game, does anyone else remember?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Find Old Games
Coffeecup69

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:19 pm     Post subject: Old mining game, does anyone else remember? Reply with quote

So I'm 18 now and I keep remembering this game I played way back in the early-mid 2000s. The game had a 2d Sprite and map, you can go up,down, left or right and you basically have to find your way through a maze by opening part of the wall. I remember it had very "poor" graphics of like an underground or mountain setting (dirt walls, black background) and the main character wore a hat. It seemed to be about mining or something but the details are fuzzy since I was so young. I do remember opening up compartments in the wall and bear sprites coming out to chase the player.
It wasn't Spelunker or Spelunky.

Last edited by Coffeecup69 on Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
Quadko
Darklander
Darklander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:42 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, it's better to post two questions, one for each game. We don't mind, we prefer it that way. Happy Otherwise games get lost in the shuffle. I recommend you copy one out to a new question, and give them individual titles.

-

Do you remember if the first one was turn based or realtime? Did the bear come get you right away like an arcade game, or did it take a step every time you took a step and you had time?
Coffeecup69

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:44 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the respinse, Quadko. I have divided the questions into two separate posts now.

I don't think it was turn based. It was more like the player had to tunnel through the map to reach the exit and you could see the enemies from a Birdseye view , but you had no choice other than to let it out so you could tunnel further. Once you let it out it would move constantly after you; I cannot remember if you could kill it or not.
My sister remembers it vaguely now and suggested it might be part of a PC series called," games to play at night.". Of course, when I search for that, it turns up modern lists and games, so I can't find this particular series from the early 2000s.
Rwolf
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:06 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking at the description, it could be a bomberman type game?
http://www.mobygames.com/game-group/dynablasterbomberman-variants

Maybe it was one game in a bundle of older games?
(assuming you played on windows)
http://www.mobygames.com/game/bomberman-collection

This one is for kids:
http://www.mobygames.com/game/fox-jones-the-treasures-of-el-dorado
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Find Old Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1