90's (I guess) RPG game

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
mark.1986

90's (I guess) RPG game

Post by mark.1986 »

hi there,

there was this game that I played early 2000's it's an RPG game one character, his quest is to search for swords (i think) and what not, the theme music are march of the nutcracker, it's a 90's style RPG game when you click to talk with another person in the game they say the word (Ni hao). that's all I can remember of the game, it's been stuck in my head now for almost a month I tried a lot of searches but I wasn't successful in finding it.

plzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Heeeeeeelp.

Mark
Quadko
Darklander
Darklander

Post by Quadko »

Ni how is Chinese for hello. Chinese themed game? Chinese developer?
mark.1986

Post by mark.1986 »

See i dont think so its a chinese developer or no. I played this game 16 years ago. And the characters say only this word. Its about a worrior who search for swords and go fight dragons and monsters.
Quadko
Darklander
Darklander

Post by Quadko »

There are around 1000 fantasy role-playing games on Windows, but here's the list starting in 2003:

http://www.mobygames.com/browse/games/w ... ist-games/

You can browse through it, maybe come up with something.

Was it an action/realtime game, or turn based? Was it FPS, or top-down? Any games that you've found that look similar but aren't it? Or did you play on a console? Any info like that could help us narrow it down.
mark.1986

Post by mark.1986 »

it was action game, top down
mark.1986

Post by mark.1986 »

mark.1986 wrote:it was action game, top down
the game sound track is the Sugar Plum Fairy, and it's a Chinese themed game, one character and the hero goes inside dungeons, the text is in English, and the name of the game it was one word Chinese with English characters, I remember the hero is wearing Red, and the houses are Chinese houses.

Cmon guys! HELP:)
duluthworker

Post by duluthworker »

FInding swords and figting dragons.

Was this NES or DOS?
THE DAIMYO HAS THE STAFF
Quadko
Darklander
Darklander

Post by Quadko »

Were any of the Ys series set in china, maybe?

Or wiki has a few links to Chinese RPG game history/list, you might get lucky and its on the lists or referenced.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_o ... ying_games

Were any of the game screenshots from mobygames link above similar to your memories?

Did the game play more like Zelda or Diablo? Those are sort of the two top down action rpgs I'm most familiar with, jrpg & western action RPG.
mark.1986

Post by mark.1986 »

@quadko it's like zelda but not mobygames or anything i think it sets in china i will look into the wii page.....
thank you for responding :thumbsup: :thumbsup: