Windows 2D adventure rpg wizard game

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
geslinc

Windows 2D adventure rpg wizard game

Post by geslinc »

Hey folks, looking for a childhood game that just flashed into my mind along with a boatload of nostalgia.

Platform: Windows
Years: My rough guess is last 90s - early 00s.
Genre: More on the Adventure side w/ some RPG elements.
Graphics: 2D from bird's eye view, but graphics were not 8-bit/notably pixelated

Perspective: bird's eye view
Main character: Little wizard dude, blue garment with a staff, he shoots yellow energy balls from his staff, can upgrade his staff and other equipment using coins from killing baddies, can end up shooting multiple energy balls simultaneously, having them bounce of walls, etc.
Objectives: From what I recall, the objective was to kill the baddies and upgrade your stuff to kill more baddies. I think there was a boss every now and then.
Time: Flowed realistically, was NOT turn-based

This game was a lot of fun, smooth, and played well. I hope I've provided enough information, I'll add if anything else comes to mind.
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Post by MrFlibble »

Could it have been Mines of Morgoth? I can't think of any other top-down view game with a wizard in blue as the protagonist ATM.
geslinc

Post by geslinc »

No that's not it -- the camera angle was like that of Diablo games in that it's at a slight angle to the ground rather than vertically top-down, and the graphics were better than Mines of Morgoth. Also the character was significantly larger than the one in Morgoth
Kevin

Post by Kevin »