Looking for spaceship scroller-shooter game [Drone]

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
j0keriswild

Looking for spaceship scroller-shooter game [Drone]

Post by j0keriswild »

I only remember the game from my memory, so I'll try to describe it the best I can.

It's a retro spaceship shooter (kind of with the same format of Galaga, the spaceship on the bottom of the screen pointing upward), and I believe it worked on Windows systems up until Windows Vista (though I think I remember playing it on Vista). I only played the demo version, so all I can remember is the first level. I think there was a story that went with it, but I don't remember what that story was.

Basically, you're an airplane-like craft, flying over what appears to be a planet with vegetation, and you're shooting these strange looking UFO's that fly by from the top of the screen. At the end of the first level, there's a loud DOOM sound, and a large mother-ship appears which you have to destroy. When you defeat it, the screen fades to white and the ship explodes. After that, you fade cut to an image of a newspaper article about the explosion. The image on the screen then breaks like glass, and you transition to a cut-scene of a different mothership, with some narrative text that says something along the lines of "It's still out there. You have to defeat it!" Fades to home screen.

There's no actual soundtrack to the game from what I can recall, but it has an eerie background ambience that consists of spaceship-like rumbling and droning. The atmosphere of the game is rather dark and unsettling too. As for the name, I believe the game had a one word title, but I can't be sure.

That's about all I can tell you. I just hope someone out there knows what game I'm talking about, because I'd really like to find it. Good luck!
Last edited by j0keriswild on Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
j0keriswild

Post by j0keriswild »

I think I found it: Drone, PixelSplash Software.
Quadko
Darklander
Darklander

Post by Quadko »

Cool, glad you found it! Moby link for convenience:
http://www.mobygames.com/game/drone_
j0keriswild

Post by j0keriswild »

Also a download link. This is the only one I was able to find:

http://www.<snipped> ~MrFlibble
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

Post by MrFlibble »

j0keriswild wrote:Also a download link. This is the only one I was able to find:
You've linked to a very bad, bad site which is not welcome here. Please follow the forum rules.
j0keriswild

Post by j0keriswild »

MrFlibble wrote:
j0keriswild wrote:Also a download link. This is the only one I was able to find:
You've linked to a very bad, bad site which is not welcome here. Please follow the forum rules.
Whoops, sorry about that. Didn't see that rule the first time.