DOS Games Message Board
DOS Games Discussion
A message board to talk about DOS games, get help, and find old games.
Do NOT post warez or abandonware requests please

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
NEW! DOSGames.com has been massively upgraded to v2.0 with TONS of new features!
Check out the new design and dozens of new features including online play!

Getting Sound Blaster 16 to play WAVE and Win98 System Sound

hookshot245

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:27 pm     Post subject: Getting Sound Blaster 16 to play WAVE and Win98 System Sound Reply with quote

I recently bought a Sound Blaster 16 CT2940 ISA card from Ebay, for my Windows 98/Windows XP gaming computer. I have gotten it to play some sample Midi files. . . but that's about it. I can not get it to play Wave or any of the Windows 98 System sounds. I'm pretty sure I installed the correct drivers. Can anyone help?
hookshot245

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:33 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Doh! I just realized I had to go into control panel and change it to the default audio device under multimedia. Should I delete this post or leave it here in case someone has the same problem, assuming someone is as incompetent as me?
Rwolf
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:37 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry, we all have our blonde moments. The trick is to recognize them in time :-)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1