DOS Games Message Board
DOS Games Discussion
A message board to talk about DOS games, get help, and find old games.
Do NOT post warez or abandonware requests please
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Dark Eye

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Game Reviews

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:49 pm     Post subject: The Dark Eye Reply with quote

If you like plain old weird-but-clever then you'll love this flawed jewel, and it's not the nostalgia talking . I've discovered The Dark Eye some two or three years ago and the story is absolutely haunting that i still remember it.

It was one of the most original, bleak and clever narratives I've experienced in a long time, although granted much of it has to do with Edgar Allan Poe (whose works are directly used to drive the plot), but I believe this game does great justice to his stories rather than ripping it off shamelessly. If you are unfamiliar with Poe - great - you'll enjoy The Dark Eye even more.

The only big problem with the game is that there's not much of a game to speak of. It tries to play like a point and click adventure but there are few puzzles - you basically do a lot of exploring and pointless clicking, and this triggers the game to move forward. It's an extremely easy process most of the time - you won't use up lots of brain cells. The other problem is that it's woefully unfinished - lots of missing animations and system crashing.

it's one of those games that's more of a kick to watch than play, so I recommend you watch it on youtube.

Also, here's my full review of The Dark Eye + screenshots of the game

Graphics 7/10
Sound 10/10
Gameplay 6/10
Overall 6/10
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Game Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Free Windows games