DOS Games Message Board
DOS Games Discussion
A message board to talk about DOS games, get help, and find old games.
Do NOT post warez or abandonware requests please

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New MSDOS Game - Retro City Rampage

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> General Gaming
Aldeb
Expert
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:14 am     Post subject: New MSDOS Game - Retro City Rampage Reply with quote

"Steep system requirements include an Intel 486, 3.7 MB of HD space, and 4MB of RAM."

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2015/06/ms-dos-is-getting-a-new-game-in-the-form-of-retro-city-rampage-486/
Quadko
Darklander
Darklander

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:10 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

I've played that some, it's crazy and fun!

For me it was one of those sat down and loved it for one session, but never went back to it, and only a vague desire to try it again. Definitely worth checking out! Happy
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:10 am     Post subject: God, Cheese-its & Rice, is number one!hehe Reply with quote

Cheese-its & Rice!hehe

I don't know.

I don't like that Gun intro screen. hehe

But, I know stuffs like that are still around.
wardrich
"Some Troll"

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:39 pm     Post subject: Re: God, I love tacos, is number one!hehe Reply with quote

tienkhoanguyen wrote:

I don't know.

I don't like that Gun intro screen. hehe

But, I know stuffs like that are still around.

Umm... are you even at all familiar with the game?
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:53 am     Post subject: God, Cheese-its & Rice, is number one!hehe Reply with quote

Cheese-its & Rice!hehe

Laughing (lol)

I *think* I saw the preview of it through a screen capture.

However to answer the question "No, I'm not familiar with the game."

So I'm sorry about that.

I also read the other posts so Thank you for the suggestion.

Jesus!hehe
wardrich
"Some Troll"

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:35 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah. The game is essentially an homage to the classic Grand Theft Auto games (I & II, specifically). If I recall, it started as a person's project to remake GTA3 in the same style as GTA 1 and 2. But then I think they got worried about IP and copyright, so they backed off and turned it into their own game. The project may have changed hands a few times in that process as well.

Now that the developers are happy with their final product, they seem to be on a mission to see how many different pieces of old hardware they can get their game to run on. The developers made a cool video that talks about the game's history, and how they worked their code to get the game to function on an NES.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> General Gaming All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Free Windows games