My DOS monitor is dead

Anything else unrelated to gaming can go here.
RetroDosGames

My DOS monitor is dead

Post by RetroDosGames »

It was today, i did get the CMOSDead Virus and now i can't play it anymore.... poor 6.0 DOS..... :cry:

Let's continue... this forum will be like a forum reminding of my DOS... somewhy.... :cry:
DOS games are cool!
Wally
King of the Carrot Flowers

Post by Wally »

tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

God, Jesus Christ, is number one!hehe

Post by tienkhoanguyen »

Jesus Christ!hehe

Well, maybe it is a blessing in disguise.

They have flat monitor these days instead of the big tube ones like old days.

Thank you God, Jesus, and Mary my stuffs keep new and good all my life#!!
Jesus Christ!hehe
Bless Jesus Christ!
Then please bless my mom.
Honour to my mom Huong Thi Vu
Honour to my dad Thuy Binh Nguyen
Love to cousin Carl Anh Cuong Cao Vu
Thank you Jesus Christ.
RetroDosGames

Post by RetroDosGames »

What i did was getting the CMOSDead virus, and i can't turn off the computer while during infecting progress of the virus. I tryed with CTRL-ALT-DEL but it destroyed my hardware. Now is it just a piece of junk. :(
DOS games are cool!
RetroDosGames

Post by RetroDosGames »

Wally wrote:Image
WTF did you think a DOS monitor which died is a good thing??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!? :angry:
DOS games are cool!
pseudocoder
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Re: My DOS monitor is dead

Post by pseudocoder »

RetroDosGames wrote:CMOSDead Virus
I've never heard of this one... what a bugger. Before you give in, you might mill over this article... I don't think it's the same virus, but may offer a possible fix.

What type of motherboard board is it?
Aldeb
Expert
Expert

Post by Aldeb »

I haven't heard of any virus that can literally destroy hardware, much less destroy a monitor (which functions independently from your OS). i don't get it... this makes no sense in my brain.
Certified 16-bit Troll
Quadko
Darklander
Darklander

Post by Quadko »

Did you ever have a CRT monitor that made a noise and took a second or two to settle down to a stable display after it switched resolutions? Apparently that was a difficult task for a monitor, and someone figured out how to abuse that to it electrical destruction.

IIRC, it involves setting the programmable multisync video card to output ridiculously high values for horizontal and vertical scan rates or rapid mode switches or similar "only supposed to happen N times a second but happening 1000*N times".

Some/all multisync monitors didn't guard against such bad behaviors by the video card and tried to comply, resulting in frying circuitry, overwhelming capacitors, frying CRT tubes, etc. because of the fluctuating charge due to these unexpected and unreasonable rapid state changes.

No idea if it would bother a modern LCD monitor; but they have restricted resolutions they accept anyway compared to more flexible analog CRTs.
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

Post by tienkhoanguyen »

Jesus Christ!hehe

haha - Well, being a baptized non-denominational Christian you would think I am well behave. The truth is it is true. I listen to light music usually all day long while I do my developer work hehe I went to church for the past 3 Sundays except for the most recent one hehe

So you can tell I am generally good most of the time. Once in a long while I would play alternatives of all sorts to break the mood. However 90% of the time I am on my best behaviour. hehe
Jesus Christ!hehe
Bless Jesus Christ!
Then please bless my mom.
Honour to my mom Huong Thi Vu
Honour to my dad Thuy Binh Nguyen
Love to cousin Carl Anh Cuong Cao Vu
Thank you Jesus Christ.