DOS Games Message Board
DOS Games Discussion
A message board to talk about DOS games, get help, and find old games.
Do NOT post warez or abandonware requests please

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
NEW! DOSGames.com has been massively upgraded to v2.0 with TONS of new features!
Check out the new design and dozens of new features including online play!

Return to Zork Adventurer's Guide (2015 re-print)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> General Off-Topic
Aldeb
Expert
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:20 pm     Post subject: Return to Zork Adventurer's Guide (2015 re-print) Reply with quote

I recently started playing Return to Zork for the first time. I already bought the 1994 version of the strategy guide just in case (used). then I discovered that they're now doing a re-print of the book. Seems like a curious thing to do, but more power to DOS gaming I suppose! Laughing

http://www.amazon.com/Return-Zork-Adventurers-Guide-Anniversary/dp/1502547872/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1426191618&sr=8-2&keywords=Return+to+Zork+Adventurer%27s+Guide

Last edited by Aldeb on Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Quadko
Darklander
Darklander

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:55 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh. Wild, thanks for the link. I'm unexpectedly drawn to purchase a copy. For half the price it would already be bought, but I think I can live without it for now at that price point. Shit-Eating Grin I mean, I should intend to play the game soon before I decide buy it! Tbbbbbth!

The full Zork series is on my "finally get around to playing someday" even if with cheater help. I love the Zork trilogy maps out there. I think it'd be a cool game to just play on top of the map like a boardgame, maybe with the descriptions, and explore Zork again that way.

Squidi discussed a similar idea, I like his as well.
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:36 am     Post subject: God, Cheese-its & Rice, is number one!hehe Reply with quote

Cheese-its & Rice!hehe

I think all the stuffs I have ever purchased is of high quality.

I mean some are fragile and needs tender love!
Aldeb
Expert
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:11 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh good lord... Meh
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:13 am     Post subject: God, Cheese-its & Rice, is number one!hehe Reply with quote

Cheese-its & Rice!hehe

@Aldeb: So, seeing you seem to like the Zork book, how was the game? Is it the regular arcade game or is it something like strategy or something else? Describe it in detail in your own words what you like and do not like about it if you will to someone who has barely known anything about it. What is the theme of the game, etc.
Quadko
Darklander
Darklander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:35 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

Zork is the IF/text adventure game, and the granddaddy of all computer games (maybe sharing parentage with startrek, spacewar, and DnD).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zork
https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&q=zork&tbm=isch
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:57 am     Post subject: God, Cheese-its & Rice, is number one!hehe Reply with quote

Cheese-its & Rice!hehe

Thanks.

Kind of scary from my brief skim of the beginning passages.
Quadko
Darklander
Darklander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:09 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't get caught in the dark. Only in the light is there safety from the grue. Shit-Eating Grin
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 11:22 pm     Post subject: Nah, what if you were born a part of the dark? Reply with quote

What if you had no choice except to be a member of the dark?

What if you had no choice except be on the other side?

I personally know many police officers.

However I do not think I am a member of the light.

I am taught to respect the law.

So the lesson is sometimes you just have to go your way!

Enjoy buddy boy. hehe
Quadko
Darklander
Darklander

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 9:52 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

In Zork, to be in the dark more than momentarily is to be grue-food, no other choice. There are no options. But happily there are no moral shadings either, just literal lack of torch or lantern. Violent
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 6:42 pm     Post subject: God, Cheese-its & Rice, is number one!hehe Reply with quote

Cheese-its & Rice!hehe

I think in many games the theme of being able to go back and replay a moment is the key to survival. For instance this idea is common in The Holy Bible where God all-mighty would resurrect Cheese-its & Rice after he died!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> General Off-Topic All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1