DOS Games Message Board
DOS Games Discussion
A message board to talk about DOS games, get help, and find old games.
Do NOT post warez or abandonware requests please

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Celebrating Visual Star Trek! A cool 1990 variant

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> General Gaming
Quadko
Darklander
Darklander

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:58 pm     Post subject: Celebrating Visual Star Trek! A cool 1990 variant Reply with quote

I love the various Star Trek variants that have been around since Mainframes in the '70s, from ASCII versions to nifty graphics versions like EGA Trek and WinTrek for Windows 3.x.

I came across a new one, Visual Star Trek, that I've never seen before, looks really cool. Mouse driven Dos game with some nifty variations on the standard theme. You click to move, you can see a summary of everything you know, and there are icons for all actions. It's colorful, it's mouse based, and it's a lot more informative than most versions I've seen. Fun stuff!

I'm sure I've seen the name in lists, but I've never seen the screenshots! I expected another basic ASCII variant when I went to explore it, and found this cool graphic variant instead. I don't see screenshots around, so I'll try to get some posted on MobyGames.
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:42 pm     Post subject: God, Cheese-its & Rice, is number one!hehe Reply with quote

Cheese-its & Rice!hehe

Cool.

As a brand new aspiring PRO developer, I know a lot of hard work went in.

What I do is just flashy.

You know what they say about flashy.

Well, I'll just keep my mouth shut about that one hehe

Thank you Cheese-its & Rice.
wardrich
"Some Troll"

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:07 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

What's up with this whole "pro developer" thing? I've seen you mention it a few times.
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:14 am     Post subject: God, Cheese-its & Rice, is number one!hehe Reply with quote

Cheese-its & Rice!hehe

It is an old TV show self-hypnosis trick I saw once.

You would say it until it is true.

In psychology this is called a "self-fulfilling prophecy".

If you think it then it is going to be true.

However Jesus performs miracles#!!

Thank God for that since some things I am grateful are not come true!!!!!
Quadko
Darklander
Darklander

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:15 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Visual Star Trek! Back to topic! Celebratory

I played some more, and while I think EGA Trek is still the king in my mind, this has some cool ideas that I wish were in more of the Star Trek variants. The LR map display with click to travel is still the coolest.

I need to play some WinTrek to see how that fits in my ranking, too, and it's been years since I've played Star Fleet 1: the War Begins, more of a professional version of these types of games. (And not to mention SF2, the "overboard complexity" version!) That was my first PC game, so one way or other it's got an unfair nostalgia advantage.

What fun to be had sometime!
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:37 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

are you still into that EGA Trek thing?

Just curious!
Quadko
Darklander
Darklander

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:01 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't put more time into it, but I think about it now and then and want to push out a few more changes before they are forgotten. Just like so many other projects. Happy

I'm not sure if that's a yes or a no, but I want it to be a yes!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> General Gaming All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Free Windows games