DOS Games Message Board
DOS Games Discussion
A message board to talk about DOS games, get help, and find old games.
Do NOT post warez or abandonware requests please

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jesus!hehe Here is 'Clocker' v1.0 for fine tuning cpu speed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Game Creation
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:30 am     Post subject: Jesus!hehe Here is 'Clocker' v1.0 for fine tuning cpu speed Reply with quote

God, Cheese-its & Rice, is number one!hehe

Cheese-its & Rice!hehe

Well, I noticed that in VirtualBox DOS has a percent slider showing how much cpu speed to use. However it is difficult to judge how fast it is running. So I made this program to compare it between systems. It is similar to one of those clocking programs for Windows like CPU-Z? However this one is made for DOS.

You just run it on a machine where DOS is as close to real as possible such as DOSBox 0.74, then you run it in VirtualBox on MS-DOS. After that you adjust your speed accordingly to match the DOSBox 0.74 speed.

This way you are running the actual MS-DOS and fine tuning it in VirtualBox???

Anyways, I hope you fine tune to your heart's desire.

Thank you Jesus for another useful creation!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.mediafire.com/view/l1d2v45v4jgk26q/CLOCKER.C

http://www.mediafire.com/download/o8m1tb53kjmbkwv/CLOCKER.EXE
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:33 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice, a benchmarking programme! Thanks!!!
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:08 am     Post subject: Thank you for the feedbacks!! Reply with quote

As a brand new developer I usually try to create something others can use. All of my games and such DEMOs are for others. The only thing that I appreciate is Borland Turbo C 2.01, Borland Turbo Assembler 4.1, and Borland C++ 5.5, and other stuffs used to build games and such. There was a time when I did not have many grey hair. However, I guess I am born to grow old fast since I have at least a dozen grey hair now haha The Holy Bible says that is a good thing. I guess I make less mistakes being older? haha

Anyways, Jesus says to always try to be a kid at heart. I still live with my mom so I guess that is not a problem.
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:02 pm     Post subject: Re: Thank you for the feedbacks!! Reply with quote

tienkhoanguyen wrote:
As a brand new developer I usually try to create something others can use.

I hope you don't plan on breaking this nice habit once you become a seasoned developer? Wink Laughing
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:12 pm     Post subject: God, Cheese-its & Rice, is number one!hehe Reply with quote

Cheese-its & Rice!hehe

Thank you Jesus all goes my way hehe Well at least until I am 100 years old anyways. Then I hope to be in Heaven. hehe In the mean time I pray I have the strength to keep going and have enough strength to work and develop enough to take care of all my family.

Thank you Jesus!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Game Creation All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Free Windows games