DOS Games Message Board
DOS Games Discussion
A message board to talk about DOS games, get help, and find old games.
Do NOT post warez or abandonware requests please

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

mini-Helicopter dedicated to dad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Game Creation
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:58 pm     Post subject: mini-Helicopter dedicated to dad Reply with quote

Well, it has been quite some time since I saw my dad. I miss him dearly. I guess that is one of the things that happens as you grow older. Your nagging parents become someone you understand as the ones who cares for you. They nag because they care!

Anyways, my father flew a helicopter and I pray Jesus watches over him. The funny thing is that even though he is Buddhist, he said "Jesus!" once in surprise to some of the foolish things I did. haha

Here are the links to the little DEMO:

http://www.mediafire.com/view/rh2v43x4ohhev4h/COPTER.C

http://www.mediafire.com/download/6yawra8tci616p6/COPTER.EXE
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:24 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice! Are you going to add a scrolling background so as to show that it's flying forward?
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:52 am     Post subject: Scrolling Background Added Reply with quote

Thank you for checking out my DEMOs. Here I have made the sign of the cross where my ancestors are. My father is seen flying over their resting place in Heaven. He was always proud to be a helicopter pilot. I KNOW that it was his most rewarding achievements. He flew my mother's side of the family over to peace during the Vietnam war. Not many people get the chance to be rescued during war like that. We are fortunate THANK YOU JESUS for my parents. My father might have been a strict man while he was alive however he was a good man!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.mediafire.com/view/j8jfx01aupol7ap/COPTER2.C

http://www.mediafire.com/download/rqk7uqjdpyvzwbj/COPTER2.EXE
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:58 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

That's some neat animation! Happy There's a little glitch on the right side of the screen though (seems like two sprites partially overlap or something).

Can you do some clouds and green grass/forest on the ground below?
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:24 pm     Post subject: I am thinking hard on how I would do that. Reply with quote

These little refinements seem easy however they take a lot of programming to make it look elegant!

Thank you my The LORD of all hosts that I am saved for the rest of forever without-gap#!!

Honour to my father Nguyen Binh Thuy
Honour to my mother Huong Thi Vu

Bless God, then my mom.

Amen.
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:42 am     Post subject: God, Cheese-its & Rice, is number one!hehe Reply with quote

Cheese-its & Rice!hehe

Well, I do not know. I am thinking of this version the way it is for its nalstagic look and feel. I think it is classic. The clouds and trees would just make it look too much like another game I played a long time ago. Besides, if my father is in Heaven already I just like the Jesus to always watch over him.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Game Creation All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Free Windows games