DOS Games Message Board
DOS Games Discussion
A message board to talk about DOS games, get help, and find old games.
Do NOT post warez or abandonware requests please

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How I got a multi floppy install to work

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Get Games to Work
GamerFan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:08 pm     Post subject: How I got a multi floppy install to work Reply with quote

It was a bit tedious, but it worked. Here's how:
I created a directory for the contents of each floppy, eg Game01, Game02, Game03, ... and I created an empty directory named Game.

I "mount a c:\dosGames\Game" to point to the empty Dir.
Then from another Dos window, I renamed Game to Game99 and renamed the first Game floppy directory (Game01) to Game: "Rename Game01 Game" and then switched back to the DoxBox and typed CTRL-F4 to refresh the diskcaching on A. A "Dir" on a shows the correct contents.

I then start the install. When the installer asks for another floppy, I go back to the Dos window, renamed the current Game dir to the original Game## and then renamed the next floppy dir to Game. I then clicked on the DosBox window and pressed CTRL-F4 again. Then I told the install to continue.

I did this for every floppy in the game until it reached the end.

The game installed and ran-W00t!
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:14 pm     Post subject: Thank you! Reply with quote

Being a developer using DOSBox 0.74 for so long I am not really that smart about all the options!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Get Games to Work All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Free Windows games