DOS Games Message Board
DOS Games Discussion
A message board to talk about DOS games, get help, and find old games.
Do NOT post warez or abandonware requests please

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
NEW! DOSGames.com has been massively upgraded to v2.0 with TONS of new features!
Check out the new design and dozens of new features including online play!

My starting venture into attempting multi-sprites:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Game Creation
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:38 am     Post subject: My starting venture into attempting multi-sprites: Reply with quote

Well here it is. I have implemented 3+ sprites onto the screen. It works fine. I am trying to fine tune it and see if I can make it 12 sprites. Theoretically it should be possible to have 12 independent sprites flying around WITHOUT messing anything up as it flies across the background solid slow spreading vortex pathway.

So far I am impressed with my own work inspired by Cheese-its & Rice. I always want to give credits to Cheese-its & Rice just in case God takes my talent away. Amen.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/qhoy5b4510skc3z/SPRITE3.C

http://www.mediafire.com/download/1v165412w4684e7/SPRITE3.EXE

Well, the blinking is a side-effects of rapid movements. The slower it goes the less it blinks. It is just the side-affects of rapid graphics switching going on.

Thank you Cheese-its & Rice for always making me perform "miracles" in my journey into the self-discovery of personal gaming creation!
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:59 am     Post subject: God, Cheese-its & Rice, is number one! Reply with quote

Cheese-its & Rice!

http://www.mediafire.com/download/mz473hm4opmk3g0/TWELVE.EXE

As I promised. I just refresh finish my 12 sprites independent demo!!!!!!!!!!!!

Although the movements are not smart, it does show each "JC" sprite going over the background without smearing it.

If you wait long enough, the vortex is also still there.

So not only do you have the original slow vortex, but also you have the rainbow background to prove that the sprites work.

TWELVE SPRITES as in 12 apostles of Cheese-its & Rice hehe

So I give all my glories for this success and all future successes to The LORD of all hosts#!!
Quadko
Darklander
Darklander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:29 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, I look forward to checking it out! You're making great progress. Happy
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:21 pm     Post subject: I know it still needs work. Reply with quote

Brace yourself, you might get seizures seeing that many sprites! Laughing
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:33 pm     Post subject: As promised, here is the entire SECRET source code! Reply with quote

Well, seeing I am revealing to you my mad scientist life's work and revered just like Einstein for FREE, if you see my mom or me on the streets, please give us a home. After all, she does not work at Panda for her health! Laughing

http://www.mediafire.com/view/0y0d2i4gg02vxa2/SPRITE2.C

http://www.mediafire.com/download/a00sqh887w14p03/SPRITE2.EXE
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:39 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

My source code might not be fifty thousand lines like DOSBox however it is like up to three thousand lines of almost pure assembly!
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:59 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice progress, as usual! Blissful

As for the length of the code, I have always assumed that programmers try to make it as short as possible? There are those 32/64/128 KiB programme challenges, even. (and/or 100 etc. lines of code challenges)
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:14 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

MrFlibble wrote:
Nice progress, as usual! Blissful

As for the length of the code, I have always assumed that programmers try to make it as short as possible? There are those 32/64/128 KiB programme challenges, even. (and/or 100 etc. lines of code challenges)

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm. Well, since it is assembly language it naturally is many lines. I believe this program is 3000 lines BUT compiled into only 35KB. Most DOS games are 100KB. However, if I really tried I probably could refactor it into more efficient size.

Programming in assembly is a new art form of mine so it is hard already. So as time goes by I probably most likely write better codes.
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:29 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck! Happy
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:41 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

MrFlibble wrote:
Good luck! Happy

Thank you! You always are encouraging. I still remember feeling down and you put some pizzaz into me. Congrats on being a great mod!!!!!!!!!!!!
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:53 pm     Post subject: God, Cheese-its & Rice, is number one!hehe Reply with quote

Quadko wrote:
Cool, I look forward to checking it out! You're making great progress. Happy

As MrFlibble also mentioned too, I am completely a noob!

Look at the R9 from ATI. They have over 3000x3000 pixels. Here I am lucky to do 10% of that. haha
Quadko
Darklander
Darklander

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:48 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

And the twelve demo - nice technology jump. Made me start thinking of asteroids or solar winds. Sprites rock!
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:18 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

Quadko wrote:
And the twelve demo - nice technology jump. Made me start thinking of asteroids or solar winds. Sprites rock!

Thanks. For being my friend!!!!!!!!!!!!
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:47 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

tienkhoanguyen wrote:
Thank you! You always are encouraging. I still remember feeling down and you put some pizzaz into me. Congrats on being a great mod!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks! Glad to hear I could be of help Happy
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:05 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just trying to figure out how to thank and be thanked in returned. However, the scriptures say give without expecting and you will always win! So I guess I better find something to say to fill these gaps if I am going to make it to 100 years old. hehe

Thank you Cheese-its & Rice I still have something to give. I thought for sure after ArkanDOS demo was done I had nothing left. Then Tron came along. Now, futbol demo. hehe

There's still time for Christmas. I don't think there is time for another one. However, my mom says you never know. It could be a miracle! hehe
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Game Creation All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1