DOS Games Message Board
DOS Games Discussion
A message board to talk about DOS games, get help, and find old games.
Do NOT post warez or abandonware requests please

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

fakeTRON
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> General Gaming
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:08 am     Post subject: fakeTRON Reply with quote

Cheese-its & Rice!hehe

Well, since it is an entirely different rendition of a game gendre, I am posting a new game. Anyways, here is a major update to fakeTRON. It has come a long ways since its first conception which resembles 'etch-a-sketch' hehe Well, maybe NOT. haha

Anyways, it plays more like the original TRON than before anyways hehe

Last edited by tienkhoanguyen on Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wally
King of the Carrot Flowers

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:30 am     Post subject: Re: fakeTRON Reply with quote

tienkhoanguyen wrote:
Cheese-its & Rice!hehe

It'd be great if you didn't start every post with this.. it's really not relevant.
wardrich
"Some Troll"

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:37 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. Just stick it in your signature. That's what it's for.
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:00 am     Post subject: It is the Holidays. Reply with quote

Happy Thanksgivings! hehe
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:34 pm     Post subject: God makes me satisfy the cravings of the people's need!hehe Reply with quote

Okay, so here is my little by little update to Tron.

In this version I am just "starting out" to implement sound. I am trying to make an engine sound however it is not coming off right. I am planning on fine-tuning it with time. However for those of you who wants an update now it works just for the keyboard mode. I did it quickly so I am sorry for any glitches. I just wanted to release an update for those of you who have been waiting. So now we have sound however it may not be an engine sound that you are expecting. I am sorry about that!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you Cheese-its & Rice my game keeps getting better little by little!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:35 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.mediafire.com/download/4begt8t879u7qos/FAKETRON.EXE

Last edited by tienkhoanguyen on Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:56 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the updated link to the "fakeTRON".

The sound is finally fixed for the first TRON vehicle using keyboard.

I am not sure if I can do the other two yet.

I do not know how to do multi-sounds at this point in time.

I have a theory in progress however I have yet to implement it.

Thank you Cheese-its & Rice - may you be able to enjoy a game from me this Thanksgiving and Christmas!

Last edited by tienkhoanguyen on Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:18 am     Post subject: God, Cheese-its & Rice, is number one! Reply with quote

Well, I guess I am working for Apogee now Laughing

I just put into effect one of the rules of Apogee's secret document, "Do not ever make it so that you have to kill yourself to get out of a level." haha

So there is a subtle lightgreen tunnel at the center top you can aim for.
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:11 am     Post subject: God, Cheese-its & Rice, is number one!hehe Reply with quote

Okay for those of you who prefer to run the Microsoft Windows version, here is Windows version just for you!

Please install it to C:\fakeTRON

Thank you.

Last edited by tienkhoanguyen on Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 12:11 pm     Post subject: God, Cheese-its & Rice, is number one!hehe Reply with quote

Okay, this is the slow version for those who think the other versions were too fast to live more than a minute. haha

The "JC" is just a test at this moment in time. It is just a plan to implement an actual TRON vehicle. So far it is working however I need to change the letters into a vehicle. So I need some good art work.

If you are any good at that it would be nice to ad a vehicle. However it should be 12 by 12 pixels. The colors can be 0 to 15 if you know the basic predefined palettes. You know 0 is black and 15 is white. 14 is yellow, etc.

As usual, you goal is primarily to last longer than the computer.

Last edited by tienkhoanguyen on Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 12:14 pm     Post subject: God, Cheese-its & Rice, is number one!hehe Reply with quote

There is no pay however there you get your name added for credit. You can use the game as a resume for your work or whatever.

Thank you Cheese-its & Rice this game is getting better little by little and starting to be playable by all ages!
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:04 pm     Post subject: God, Cheese-its & Rice, is number one!hehe Reply with quote

The link has been updated to a more recent version. It is about 2pm on a Saturday November 15, 2014. I decided to put a little vehicle the size of 4 pixels by 4 pixels in. It is so small that all it looks like is a blob hehe Anyways, in this edition the vehicles have been slowed enough to be able to control the exact pixel movements of the vehicle!
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:45 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

And finally, what you've been waiting for. The Borland Turbo C 2.01 and Borland Turbo Assembler 4.1 secret source code to my latest and greatest Tron update that contains sprites, sound, etc.

Happy Thanksgivings!

http://www.mediafire.com/view/p6fqereyswhc26h/FAKETRON.C
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:02 pm     Post subject: Thanksgiving Update to TRON! Reply with quote

Okay, "my" peeps. Shit-Eating Grin

I am going to give you the update to my game which has 3 sounds courtesy of one of the cool person who explained to me sound arithmetics.

The basic theory is if you have 3 sounds playing at once, if you add ALL 3 sounds together it should produce the right sound so that it is as if 3 sounds are playing when in fact only 1 exists.

This is pretty neat, however, does it work? I have not had the chance to test it out so I will let you be the judges. In fact, there might even be glitches in my codes so if you like it or not, just let me know if you want.

I am really making this game for ALL of you! I want you to enjoy not only the sound effects and the affects it produces, but also the game play.

Thank you if you have been helping me out in some way. I am only trying to return the favor even to my secret friends and families who have been there in the background............

Thank you Cheese-its & Rice I did NOT leave anyone behind!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by tienkhoanguyen on Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:40 pm     Post subject: Here is the just updated Windows version! Reply with quote

http://www.mediafire.com/download/8vfw7g1itgjq6v3/TRON4WIN.exe
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:27 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

I tested my own remake of the game Tron to see if it was beatable!

The short answer is, Yes.

However, I am the programmer so that might be easy for me to say.

I want this game to be fun for all involved.

I slowed the game down tremendously to allow precise controls to be within your reach!! Each person should be able to control the Tron light to within a pixel............

The game is meant to be fun. If it ever gets to the point where it becomes work or you want to throw the computer away, please stop playing and go do something else!

As much as I would enjoy my game to be in every home, apartment, trailer, park and so on, I made it with the intention that ALL must have fun. Whether it becomes popular enough to be at the Arcade, I might never know in my lifetime.

However, please, I wish you the best Thanksgiving and Christmas 2014!

I hope you find my little games here and there a pleasure. It should ALWAYS be at your service!

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:39 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

I am wondering if the game is good enough the way it is? Is it too fast at this point in time? Is it too slow? I am just trying to figure out if it is fun? It is hard to tell seeing I made the game through the grace of The LORD of all hosts!
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:11 pm     Post subject: God, Cheese-its & Rice, is number one!hehe Reply with quote

Well, I tested my game to see if it was "fun" to play. NO! haha It is boring!!!

Super-easy and boring is the answer.

However those who like slow game should enjoy it.

I used to like slow games.

Did you know I am a Chessmaster 10th Edition champion? Yes, it is true. I beat the computer at Chessmaster level once!!!!!!!!!!!! haha Celebratory

It was hard however it took me like 3 hours to finish the game. It was not like the old people who sit there and ponder for days and months. However 3 hours was pretty impressive for me. Normally it took me 5-minutes flat to win or lose a game. haha Shit-Eating Grin Benevolent
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:16 pm     Post subject: God, Cheese-its & Rice, is number one!hehe Reply with quote

Shit-Eating Grin
If you want to know how fast I could win the game, I did checkmate the computer within 1-minute flat as a speed-game on Chessmaster. However it was at a very low level. haha

Anyways, whether my game will be a classic like these gems I have played remains to be seen. And I may never know? haha

Anyways, I am tired out however - I am thinking of increasing the graphics of fakeTRON. Maybe I will draw a real lightcycle in there. The sound could use some improvements too. I think I heard someone played the Sony PlayStation version and the sounds are amazing. It sounds like the REAL road and stuffs. So I have a long ways to catch up; Help me God! Laughing
tienkhoanguyen
PSEUDOCODER

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:38 pm     Post subject: God, Cheese-its & Rice, is number one! Reply with quote

Well, this is my second program that is nearing three thousand lines of codes#!! It is half in assembly language for the graphics and half in C language for the main processing game thinking.

Turbo C 2.01, "Created using Turbo C, Copyright (c) Borland 1987, 1988."

Turbo Assembler 4.1, "Copyright (c) 1988, 1995 Borland International, Inc. All rights reserved."

Well, it has been fun however I do not know how much more I can improve for DOS!? hehe Laughing

Although I did see graphics way out of my league from other games being so lifelike, I doubt I will get my game that good (at least any time soon).

I am drained and tired out. On the joking side, my headaches is probably coming more from my long prayers than my little programming!!!!!!!!!!!! Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> General Gaming All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Free Windows games