DOS Games Message Board
DOS Games Discussion
A message board to talk about DOS games, get help, and find old games.
Do NOT post warez or abandonware requests please

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
NEW! DOSGames.com has been massively upgraded to v2.0 with TONS of new features!
Check out the new design and dozens of new features including online play!

I just want to play THEME PARK!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Get Games to Work

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:53 am     Post subject: I just want to play THEME PARK! Reply with quote

I've got an "HP pavilion a 250n" with Windows XP Home Edition Version 2002 Service Pack 1, Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.60GHz, 512 MB of RAM.

I'm trying to play Theme Park. I've got DOSBox 0.74 and I've figured out how to intall and open it, I've downloaded/extracted a .zip file to my "c c:\oldgames" directory and it appears to be the game data. I'm confused, what should I do next?

The files are like this:

themepark/
Theme Park/
DATA (File Folder)
SAVE (File Folder)
DOS4GW.app
HMIDET.386 (Virtual device driver)
HMIDRV.386 (Virtual device driver)
HMIMDRV.386 (Virtual device driver)
INSTALL.app
INTRO.app
MAIN.app
PARK (MS-DOS Batch File)
SNDSETUP (Setup Information)

I've tried typing pretty much anything i can think of (should have had it by now) :

INSTALL
INSTALL.EXE
INSTALL.exe
isntall
install.exe
MAIN
MAIN.EXE

I JUST WANT TO PLAY THEME PARK, WHY IS THIS CRAP SO DAMN HARD!!??
Quadko
Darklander
Darklander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:20 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're willing to spend $5.99 to make life easy, Gog.com has Theme Park all setup and ready to go: http://www.gog.com/game/theme_park - after you install that there will be a windows desktop icon & start menu entry to just doubleclick and run the game.

Have you used dosbox before? Do you need a quick intro, or is that part all good? There are some topics at the top of this forum to get you started if not, like this one for Win 7 & 8: http://dosgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13511

This DOS, she is fickle and particular.

And the only things that will run are the .bat and .exe and .com files listed in the directory - looks like Park.bat, but I don't if anything else is hidden in directories.

But, assuming all that is good:
1. You've run dosbox, and inside dosbox (hitting enter after each line, of course):
2. you've mounted c:\oldgames in dosbox (like "mount c c:\oldgames")
3. you've changed dosbox from z: to c: (like "c:") so you have a "c:\>" prompt
4. You do a directory listing (like "dir") and the list looks like the above files list.
4. you run 'Park' without quotes, what happens?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Get Games to Work All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1