DOS Games Message Board
DOS Games Discussion
A message board to talk about DOS games, get help, and find old games.
Do NOT post warez or abandonware requests please

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
NEW! DOSGames.com has been massively upgraded to v2.0 with TONS of new features!
Check out the new design and dozens of new features including online play!

Is this a good PRE BUILT PC for the price?

webe123

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:48 pm     Post subject: Is this a good PRE BUILT PC for the price? Reply with quote

PLEASE DON'T SAY BUILD YOUR OWN!

I KNOW you can build one cheaper....but I am wondering if this computer is one of the best pre built gaming PC's you can get for the price. ($879.99 as configured without options)

Some people do not have the skills to "bulid their own PC" so please take that into consideration.

All I am wanting to know is if there is a better per built out there for this price?

SPECS:Case:
ENERMAX Clipeus
Motherboard:
MSI H81M-E33
Memory:
8GB [8x1] 1600MHz
Processor:
Intel Core i5-4570 3.1GHz
Processor Cooling:
Stock INTEL CPU Cooling Fan with Heatsink
Hard Drive:
1TB 7200RPM SATA III Hard Drive
Hard Drive 2:
Graphics Card:
GeForce 760 2GB
Sound Card:
Onboard 3D Premium Surround Sound
Ethernet Card:
Onboard LAN Network 10/100
DVD Drive:
24X DVDRW Internal Drive
Power Supply:
500W
Operating System:
Windows 8.1 64bit
Keyboard:
Basic USB Keyboard
Mouse:
Basic USB Mouse
Warranty:
Standard Three Year Limited Warranty (3 Years Labor, 1 Year Parts and Life-Time Technical Support*)

And here is a link to the PC in question....
http://avatargamingpc.com/gaming-desktop/inteldesktops/clipeus-i5-4576.html
Quadko
Darklander
Darklander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:13 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Once you select the same options, my favorite internet store came in a little more expensive:
http://portatech.com/products/product.cshtml?id=79427&o=79426

Base computer with that chip appears to start around $470, but you have to add the video card at around $300 gets the price in the same ballpark, plus verifying memory and disk space and so forth:
http://www.pricewatch.com/price/computer_systems_with_os/i5-4570

Lots of faster chips available at portatech.com and pricewatch.com, but it's all about the budget. Offhand, 90 seconds of searching, that price looks reasonable for a ready-to-go computer. You have a monitor already, I assume?

Intel's usually faster than AMD at the high end, but AMD is usually cheaper speed for the price - no real way to lose, up to you. Portatech has a rough speed comparison, or lots of other sites compare the chips for speed vs. price for games.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1