DOS Games Message Board
DOS Games Discussion
A message board to talk about DOS games, get help, and find old games.
Do NOT post warez or abandonware requests please

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
NEW! DOSGames.com has been massively upgraded to v2.0 with TONS of new features!
Check out the new design and dozens of new features including online play!

Theme park no sound!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Get Games to Work
chloe001

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:04 am     Post subject: Theme park no sound!! Reply with quote

okay so i spent aaages understanding dosbox i have installed theme hospital and it works but with no sound.. so i ran the set up and it did say there was no sound for both options .. i looked up on a youtube video and it showed me how to change it ... i did but then the game would turn off?? ive looked up on loads and dont fully understand but i do get the jist of it! can anyone help!!! [size=12][/size]
dosraider
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:32 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

Missing a lot of relevant details here ...........

OS?
Dosbox version?
Mount lines?
Original game? (CD?)
Downloaded?
Install choices?
Setup choices?
Inputs to run game?

chloe001 wrote:
.. i looked up on a youtube video and it showed me how to change it ...

"Change it" ... what "it'" ?
Details? Elaborate a bit please........

Also:
'size=12' + bold won't make us help you faster, you're just annoying. Continue as this and I will hit my beloved delete topic button ...............
MrFlibble
Demoniac Demo maniac
Demoniac Demo maniac

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:17 am     Post subject: Re: Theme park no sound!! Reply with quote

chloe001 wrote:
so i ran the set up and it did say there was no sound for both options .. i looked up on a youtube video and it showed me how to change it ... i did but then the game would turn off??

Apparently, you have configured your sound devices incorrectly.

DOSBox fully emulates SoundBlaster/Pro/16, and also General MIDI/Roland Sound Canvas for MIDI music.

The crash you are experiencing might be related to incorrect sound card settings, such as IRQ, DMA and port address. The default DOSBox values for those are:

Port: 220
IRQ: 7
DMA: 1

The sound setup programme of Theme Park might not auto-detect these values correctly, and the YouTube video you watched could have also supplied faulty information.

You need to re-run the sound setup programme from within DOSBox and make sure you have set up your sound devices properly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Get Games to Work All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1