Topgun fire at will no music/dialogue

Post problems with getting games installed and running properly here.
TristanEugene

Topgun fire at will no music/dialogue

Post by TristanEugene »

I can't get music or dialogue. The game runs with sound effects though. I'm running it in DosBox .74 I think I've tried all the sound settings in the menu.
Can someone help?
Rules of 3: 1 Don't frighten anyone. 2 Don't annoy anyone. 3 Don't take #'s 1 or 2 from anyone.
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

A bit more details please .....
Do you own the original CD or did you downloaded the game?
Most CD rips you can download don't have the music/dialoge tracks.
wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.
TristanEugene

Post by TristanEugene »

I downloaded this game from an old games website. I don't have the CD.

Interesting. Maybe I'll try and find the original game if it is the case where some of the soundtrack is missing.

Thanks for this.
Rules of 3: 1 Don't frighten anyone. 2 Don't annoy anyone. 3 Don't take #'s 1 or 2 from anyone.
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

Now, keep in mind that the original game came on 2 full CDs.

BTW, if you like the game you definitively should try Falcon 3.
Much better.
wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.
TristanEugene

Post by TristanEugene »

Thanks. I'll make sure that ,if I can find the original game, the game is complete.
Thanks for the input. What I like in games are theatrical aspects and an immersive storyline. Ocean's TFX, Microprose's F117 Nighthawk, Microprose's B-17 Flying Fortress, Origin's Strike Commander, Privateer, Bladerunner, Starlancer, all these games have a 'human' element to them. Even if they are in most cases only cutscreen stills or animations. I prefer it when before and after a mission there is a briefing, news reports and so on. I am a pilot though, so realistic flight charachteristics are very much my thing too. I've not tried Falcon 3.0. Maybe I should.

Thanks again.
Last edited by TristanEugene on Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dos_Scholar

Post by Dos_Scholar »

Hey Tristan this is Nornus from Youtube. I actually found this forum searching for a solution to your TFX probs... You definitely should try Falcon 3.0 if you're into serious older DOS combat simulations. It's the granddaddy of em all and much more "realistic" and fun to fly than F117 or TFX. You get briefings, news reports and a real-time persistent campaign that changes depending on how you're doing etc.
TristanEugene

Post by TristanEugene »

Hey Nornus! I remember you! Thanks for your input. BTW, your tutorial on F117 was pretty cool. I really like this game. I like the 'world'. Even though the graphs are yesteryear, it is fun.

Falcon 3.0 was recommended by someone here too! Some dude called Dosraider. This cat is a real ACE, so if you have a tech Q, Dosraider can most certainly steer you in the direction you need to go.