Old Elemental boardgame

Help locating old / Pre year 2000 games you used to play.
percyknight

Old Elemental boardgame

Post by percyknight »

I cannot for the life of me remember the name of this game or if i'm just dreaming it up. I recall it being a board game style. When you began you picked a group which determined what your pieces looked like, all the pieces looked like elementals. ents, fire, water air earth etc. And you started off with one or two pieces and the purpose was to fill the map. It was turn based, and you had two options per turn. One was to move to a new space and this created another piece, the other was to have a piece jump on another of your pieces to make a bigger more powerful piece. And i believe it was up to 4 pawns you could combined to make a super strong piece. When one of your pieces landed next to an enemy piece the stronger of the two would convert the other pieces into that element.

I appreciate any assistance in finding this game. it haunts my dreams at the back of my mind.
Masa El he'Avar
Game Finder
Game Finder

Post by Masa El he'Avar »

The game you describe is an Ataxx variant. Try the following links:
http://www.mobygames.com/game-group/ataxx-variants
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ataxx
Men Are from Sol, Women Are from Draconis.
percyknight

Post by percyknight »

I did not find it there but thank you for the information. It gives me more to go off of at least.
JKSM
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

Post by JKSM »

I remember PC version of Elemental Board Game with the same name but couldn't find a link for you. Think it might be the game you are looking for.

*Edits*
Is it Battle of the Elements?
In the meantime, I'll try to recall what others there were.