DOS Games Message Board
DOS Games Discussion
A message board to talk about DOS games, get help, and find old games.
Do NOT post warez or abandonware requests please

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
NEW! DOSGames.com has been massively upgraded to v2.0 with TONS of new features!
Check out the new design and dozens of new features including online play!

Dink Smallwood.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Game Reviews
Check-Mate
Lover Of The Tiny Guybrush
Lover Of The Tiny Guybrush

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2003 5:54 pm     Post subject: Dink Smallwood. Reply with quote

What do you think about that game?
I've played it a couple times. Talk about gory for it's graphics. There's lots of *Killing* but otherwise, I think it's pretty fun (for an older, less advanced type)
The music is not too bad, but everytime it has to change, it slows the game play, and makes it really annoying. (seeing as though this game sometimes has the reputation of freezing, so you don't know whether it's frozen, or it's just loading.)
Overall, I give it a 8/10. It's good play, and fun to slay monsters, but the plot is a little thin. You go from city to city killing things, not that I don't like it. Good game, I recommend. It's shareware, and I'm not sure if you can get it here, but you can get it at other sites. You can IM me for sites.
Thanks.
Ro@m
Hamachi Guardian

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2003 1:00 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Yheah i have finished the game,it is very good,it has some fun parts,like the end boss has the face of an developer of the game
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2003 1:07 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

1. IT'S FREEWARE.

2. It's also a GCS, not just a game. Much of the value lies in this... just like noone plays zzt for Town, noone plays Dink Smallwood for the original world. You can get hundreds of D-mods here. For a good impression, try Stone Of Balence, Pilgrims Quest, Friends Beyond 3, Prophecy Of The Ancients, and As Good As Eternity. Notably, SOB and PQ, because they are so completely graphically revamped that you wouldn't even know it's using the DS engine.
Cakephatt
Expert
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 5:55 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

ahhhh... do I miss spending countless hours in front of the computer making my first games using their engine. I really really recommend this game (or any other mods) to anybody who wishes to have a good, fun (and often time consuming) time. This game has some glitches and can get boring after you beat it a couple times, but it has a great storyline, a good engine to build your own mods (and plenty to download), and a lot of ducks to chop up. I also like the story line, I.E., the cute dwarf-magician, yeties, abusive step uncles, and Duck worshipping towns (which you can turn into turkey and feed the villagers). This game has a great engine, good graphics, and runs on windows 3.1. Laughing
Homo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 8:08 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

Malevolent Violent Sleeping Joking A Frikkin Cuccoan Violent Sarcastic Happy Congratulatory Congratulatory Congratulatory Tbbbbbth! Tbbbbbth! Amazed Suspicious Love Blissful Upset Benevolent Celebratory Shit-Eating Grin Benevolent Celebratory Meh Confuzzled Cool A Frikkin Cuccoan Malevolent Malevolent
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Game Reviews All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1