DOS Games Message Board
DOS Games Discussion
A message board to talk about DOS games, get help, and find old games.
Do NOT post warez or abandonware requests please

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
NEW! DOSGames.com has been massively upgraded to v2.0 with TONS of new features!
Check out the new design and dozens of new features including online play!

How is it that...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> dosgames.com Site Suggestions

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 8:23 am     Post subject: How is it that... Reply with quote

How is it that Tyrian got a lower rating than two very crappy games (Astrofire,which has only set directions you can shoot and is very buggy & Cash Invaders, having crappy graphics and worse power ups and interface than Tyrian aaaaaaand both these games are years after Tyrian). Please tell me
Peace
Violent
Bobo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 9:56 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

Go Astrofire. I used to play that thing for hours. The last level, instead of rocks. There Barney Heads!!!

I think Dogbreath or Emmzee did those ratings. Anyway it's just a opinion. I hate tyrian Tbbbbbth! and DG or Em thinks that way to. Good job!
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 1:11 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Emmzee did them soley... if I had, I would've given Tyrian a perfect score, it's that good. But this is most likely a matter of personal opinion, so it's probably not going to change soon.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2003 8:01 am     Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thanks Sparky.
emmzee
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2003 10:16 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, all of the ratings on dosgames.com are done by me and are fairly arbitrary. Wink If I were to redo the entire site, I'd make it so users could add their own ratings/reviews of the games. That, however, would be an extremely massive project that I don't have the time or experience to undertake at the moment. I'm currently reworking one of my other sites, vgstores.com, to include stuff like user reviews, so hopefully with that experience I can start making some plans for the monumentous task of redoing dosgames.com sometime in the future ... Happy
486 player
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2003 2:29 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Better than nothin...

*Waitin' , waitin' waitin'...*
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2003 4:33 pm     Post subject: Re: Thanks Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
Thanks Sparky.

Do you realize you're the first person in 6 years to call me that? Weird.

Anyhow, I will await the review script patiently... though when Z2 announced it was creating one, it took 10 months to "complete." Wink (Granted A; it is a very nice script and B; there was a lot of procrastination/ blatant laziness and it was written by a 16/17 year old... but still...)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> dosgames.com Site Suggestions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1