DOS Games Message Board
DOS Games Discussion
A message board to talk about DOS games, get help, and find old games.
Do NOT post warez or abandonware requests please

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
NEW! DOSGames.com has been massively upgraded to v2.0 with TONS of new features!
Check out the new design and dozens of new features including online play!

Might and Magic Trilogy (III,IV,V) w/ Windows ME

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Get Games to Work
Jiriki

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 9:51 pm     Post subject: Might and Magic Trilogy (III,IV,V) w/ Windows ME Reply with quote

I'm having trouble installing the game, as well as running it. When I try to install it, first, it doesn't recognize either of my CD drives.

I kind of found a loophole, by just selecting "fail" when it tells me that It doesn't recognize the drive, it allows me to install the game, but whenever I talk to the innkeeper, the game freezes. Also, there's no sound at all. Any ideas?
Wally
King of the Carrot Flowers

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 9:52 pm     Post subject: Actually!!! Reply with quote

If you are using windows ME, I would actually go to XP or 98se because ME is full of bugs and it sucks bad

Soo

try reconcidering going back to 98se or to windows XP!

Cheers
jiriki

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 10:19 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure that it's worth switching OS's just to play this game, are there any other suggestions? IS it possible to install Dos separately from Windows, and somehow boot up to DOS instead of windows?
procerus
Expert
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 2:19 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

You can boot to DOS instead of Windows by using a boot disk -
www.bootdisk.com

Windows ME can be persuaded to restart in DOS mode. But it can be risky so should only be undertaken by those with a good understanding of Windows files and good back ups. See here -
http://users.iafrica.com/c/cq/cquirke/me-dos.htm

Have you tried the game disk in both your CD-ROM drives? Some games can only see one.
Jiriki

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 3:30 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it does only work on one drive, but even then, it crashes, and there's no sound. Bill Gates should be a bit more considerate to those of us with sense for the classics.
jmmijo
Lord of Gaming
Lord of Gaming

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2003 12:21 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

This is why I have an old Dell Optiplex desktop box for DOS only games that I can't get running under Win 98 Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Get Games to Work All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1