DOS Games Message Board
DOS Games Discussion
A message board to talk about DOS games, get help, and find old games.
Do NOT post warez or abandonware requests please

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
NEW! DOSGames.com has been massively upgraded to v2.0 with TONS of new features!
Check out the new design and dozens of new features including online play!

Facepalmingly stupid question: Rogue:The Adventure Game

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Get Games to Work
Kraken

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2003 8:27 pm     Post subject: Facepalmingly stupid question: Rogue:The Adventure Game Reply with quote

Okay, everyone, take a valium or something to calm your nerves, because the question I'm about to ask you is so horribly stupid that I may have to commit seppuku to atone for it.

How the hell do you load a *.sav file in Rogue? I see no reference to it when I press "?" or F1.

*commits seppuku with a frisbee* Benevolent
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2003 11:20 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Good question... I almost never play rogue (preferring Nethack) but I would suppose that shift-right clicking and chosing "Open With" on the rogue .sav file and chosing Rogue.exe to run it would work... if that doesn't, try using a command line a la Omega to do it (ie. C:\rogue\Rogue.exe Rogue.sav)

I have never been able to successfully load a saved Rogue game myself, mind you, so you may be out of luck.
Kraken

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 2:58 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, neither method works. I am, for informational purposes, using Windows XP and running Rogue v1.1 which I downloaded from this site.

Also, I've been playing Angband, but I can't quite wrap my mantle (squid humor, pay no attention) around the character creation system. Perhaps it has something to do with the psuedo-spine that runs along the length of my mantle.

When it says to enter a "minimum attribute," what is it talking about? How does this relate to character generation? I understand the percentile system, just not the minumum attribute thing.

Thanks for your input
~Kraken
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Get Games to Work All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1