DOS Games Message Board
DOS Games Discussion
A message board to talk about DOS games, get help, and find old games.
Do NOT post warez or abandonware requests please

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pirates gold and blood bowl

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Get Games to Work
pighead

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 6:07 am     Post subject: Pirates gold and blood bowl Reply with quote

I cant run pirates gold and blood bowl on windows xp. If someone knows how to run them pls help me.
Tombstone
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 9:52 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

I know nothing about Blood Bowl, but I am a resident expert on Pirates! Gold.

Q. Do you have the DOS (original) version, or the Windows (later) version of Pirates! Gold?

If you have the DOS version, forget it. Not only will it not run under XP, but it also won't run on any machine that is capable of running XP.

Pirates! Gold didn't even want to run on my Legacy DOS system (see signature below) until I did some very unorthodox tweaks to the OS startup configuration.

Pirates! Gold is a damn excellent game, and in my opinion, it's worth every bit of the $30. to $50. you'd pay for a 386/40 PC on eBay. Short of that, you've got a tough road to hoe...
Prodmage

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 7:30 pm     Post subject: I'm having pirate problems too Reply with quote

I have tried all sorts of things to get this wonderful game from my childhood to work for me again but no matter what i try i get an error that states "Too many clocks or timers!". I followed the advice at http://pub51.ezboard.com/fsidmeierspirates52188frm3.showMessage?topicID=85.topic and still can't figure it out. Thanks
wardrich
"Some Troll"

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 8:55 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

i downloaded BloodBlowl off the underdogs. I couldn't get it to run on XP either...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Get Games to Work All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Free Windows games