DOS Games Message Board
DOS Games Discussion
A message board to talk about DOS games, get help, and find old games.
Do NOT post warez or abandonware requests please

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dos game sounds dont work

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Get Games to Work
Wally
King of the Carrot Flowers

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 5:55 pm     Post subject: Dos game sounds dont work Reply with quote

I have tried a number of ways to get the sounds working for the following games. The lionking and aladdin is one and wacky wheels and other games dont have sound it is driving me crazy Violent. When i set the settings for aladdin i get music error ...03 or somthing like that.

I am running windows 98se and have tried to use Dosbox, works but the game and sound is slow.

Any solutions ????

Shifty Shifty Shifty Shifty Shifty
procerus
Expert
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 1:28 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi wally,

if you go Start, Settings, Control Panel, System, Device Manager, and then hit the plus next to Sound, video and game controllers is there any reference to something that ends "Legacy Sound System" or similar?

What sound card do you have? Have you tried different drivers for it?
Wally

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 8:09 pm     Post subject: I have tried Reply with quote

I tried a lot of different drivers (INCLUDING SBLASTER 16 AND PRO)
they didnt work.

Soo

I will try that other thing you told me!!

Thanks
Wally

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 6:21 pm     Post subject: HI again Reply with quote

Cross off lionking because i used different settings but aladdins sounds still dont work|!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Get Games to Work All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Free Windows games