DOS Games Message Board
DOS Games Discussion
A message board to talk about DOS games, get help, and find old games.
Do NOT post warez or abandonware requests please
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 


Ah me...... poor Indian.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> General Off-Topic
Author Message
Santhosh CHRiS
A well-dressed penguin


Offline
Joined: 07 May 2004
Posts: 860
Location: Canada

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:22 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

dosraider wrote:
Ah well, let's face it, they even don't like Indians in India.

/joky/


Ya sometimes even I don't like Indians and their mentality and I think India is such a shitty country. So much freaking distinctions going on still based on caste, religon and creed..

WORST is the fucking arranged marriage system. Like I'm in love with this Hindu girl from Andhra who is Telegu but her family will probably reject me and marry her to someone who matches their criteria (maybe 2nd or 3rd cousin even YUCK) all cuz I'm a Tamil Christian... and partly crazy lol.. but seriously... we're both Indians for crying out loud and even if we weren't what gives them the right to stop love??! Such stupid traditions. We got better things to do than this crap like uh... IMPROVING our economy providing clean water to all villages, stop AIDS (sigh) Meh

But glad to see things are improving here especially with the younger generations. Happy

Oh and thanks for the timely topic split and nice topic name Laughing

I will post all sorts of Indian oriented problems faced both here and abroad...
Back to top
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin


Offline
Joined: 14 Sep 2002
Posts: 4627
Location: In the back of a jacked-up Ford.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:38 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Santhosh CHRiS"]
Dogbreath wrote:

Oh so you want me to mention bad stuff going on in more eh.. middle Eastern and Asian countries and overlook minor stuff that's happening in eh... more developed western countries like Australia and U.S and most of Europe. Got it... but just so you know. A life is a life no matter how many or how few. I know very well the bad things happening in my country are probably on a bigger scale cuz of the immense population and I know there are social evils here but at least I won't be denying it or totally ignoring it altogether. Happy


Quite the opposite. I was calling bullshit on your stance that you just get upset hearing about deaths. If that were true, we wouldn't be seeing just this aggressive anti-Australian campaign, we'd be seeing you going apeshit over every murder and catastrophe. Again, I think there's a lot more to your agenda than grief.

(FWIW, I haven't denied the murders at all - in fact, last page I quoted the exact number of murders in Australia last year. I am denying it's nation wide conspiracy)

Quote:
Btw have you ever BEEN to India or gone to any other country other than Canada? And even if you have, have you gone there as an Indian? Guess what. I'm an Indian and I've been here almost all my life AND I've lived in U.S. Saudia Arabia, Singapore, Malaysia.


Never been to India personally, though I dated a Gujarati girl and I have an abnormally large number of Indian friends, or friends who have worked there. Maybe something to do with you guys being over a fifth of the world's population. I fail to see how that makes a difference, as this discussion isn't about India.

I have traveled extensively outside of Canada. You seem to have forgotten/ignored my posts about the few trips I've made in the past few years.

Quote:
I've visited UK, France, Holland, Canada. My dad has lived and worked for several years in Singapore, Australia, UK, Holland etc. Half my family lives in U.S. My grandfather lived there through the 60's before returning here.

You're pulling stats at me while I'm quoting from REAL life experiences. There's a HUGE difference.


Well, neither of us has been to Australia. Every person on this forum who has been to Australia seems to disagree with you, not that I think it matters.

Because there *is* a huge difference. Statistics are facts, anecdotes are subjective and inherently biased. In any serious debate or research paper, anecdotal evidence is strictly forbidden. This is not an opinion, it's a philosophical axiom older than Socrates.

I consider *any* viewpoint that dismisses scientific evidence and logic in favor of subjective conjecture worthless and childish. So does any educated man. That doesn't mean personal experience itself is worthless, it means personal experience must be subjected to logic and analysis.

I am very sorry your father had such a bad time in Australia. The fact that he was never actually attacked, despite living in constant fear of all the white gangsters, makes me suspect he shares some of your paranoia.
Back to top
CPT Worm
American Hero
<font color=gold>American Hero</font>


Offline
Joined: 25 May 2004
Posts: 1385
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:00 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

I really can't respond to everything in this topic. Let me just say this: your personal experiences are NOT scientific fact. You cannot take testimonials and accurately describe anything. You can use them to add flavor to something, but otherwise, you're not proving anything. (i.e.: Do you trust internet sites selling a miracle penis enlargement pill? Didn't think so).

But this really ruffled my feathers:

Santhosh CHRiS wrote:


A Brief History of the United States of America

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEVPSfJIQ84

Hey, we weren't really talking about the United States, but since you brought this up, let me annotate this video so you don't think it's actually fact.

Before I begin, this is a clip used in Bowling for Columbine, a Michael Moore film, so off the bat, it's going to be liberally-skewed. However, it's the "crazy, paranoid" type of liberal.

Puritans were persecuted in England. This is true. They were a fairly radical sect of Christians whose views were not compatible with the Church of England (they thought the church's rules didn't go far enough). So they wanted to establish a place where they practice their religion freely.

Yes, relations with the Natives were poor, but this video implies that the English settlers wiped out an entire race in open war. Most of it occurred via the spread of disease. Yes, there were hostilities.
And remember, the Spanish essentially set into motion the annihilation much of what is now Latin America. Not to spread "blame" around, but I want to put it into perspective.

NO ONE WAS BURNED TO DEATH DURING THE SALEM WITCH TRIALS. They were all hanged. Except for the guy who refused to enter a plea. He was crushed to death by stones.

"Killing the British?" lol. No, hostilities began after a number of events (famously: the Stamp Act and the Boston Massacre), which led to full-scale war. And for a while, the British Regulars were killing more of the Continental Army.
Originally, what we wanted was solely representation in Parliament. We didn't want to be free. But, since we weren't able to get that, we opted for self-determination.

The Second Amendment was passed to keep the government fearful of its citizens, not because its citizens were afraid.

Slavery...it's really a long discussion, but let me be brief. First, remember that slavery has existed since the dawn of history. Europeans didn't invent it.

However, in the case of slavery in the Americas, Europeans did capitalize on Africa. Tribes there essentially would capture their enemies, then sell them to the Europeans in an attempt to suppress competition.
That said, only a select few in the American South had slaves. Most white people in the United States were broke as a joke and worked in awful conditions essentially to feed themselves. This went on until the early 20th century. And remember, at first, only white men who owned property could vote, so a significant portion of the American population could not vote.

America did not become the "richest" country in the world until after World War II.

There were slave uprisings, but nothing ever came from them.

AND BEFORE WE CONTINUE: The American Civil War was not a war over slavery. It was a war of states-rights. Not until after the Battle of Antietam when President Lincoln inked the Emancipation Proclamation did the war take the moral tone. Admittedly, it also was to further convince Great Britain not to recognize the CSA as a sovereign nation. Coupled with the fact that the Battle of Antietam proved that the South could not successfully execute a campaign in the North.

PARANOIA ALERT: This movie implies that the Ku Klux Klan and the National Rifle Association are connected. That is completely false.

The Ku Klux Klan was a group of Tennessee veterans who wanted to keep whites in power in the South.

The NRA is a group devoted to lobbying on behalf of gun owners.

Jim Crow laws in the South were prompted by the KKK, not the NRA. This includes a ban on gun ownership.

Rosa Parks sitting on the bus was a watershed moment. But to say that others had not been working for de-segregation and equal rights is incredibly narrow-sighted.

And lastly, suburbs really didn't pop up until after World War II, when returning servicemen wanted a piece of land to call their own and to raise a family on.

The correlation between the movement of blacks to the cities and the whites to the suburbs seems racially motivated, and I would like to explain all of the little details, but that would turn this into a book.

DERP

inb4 "It was just a joke."

tl;dr: You just got QED'd.
Back to top
Wally
King of the Carrot Flowers


Offline
Joined: 01 May 2003
Posts: 4625

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:00 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Santhosh CHRiS wrote:
dosraider wrote:
Ah well, let's face it, they even don't like Indians in India.

/joky/


WORST is the fucking arranged marriage system. Like I'm in love with this Hindu girl from Andhra who is Telegu but her family will probably reject me and marry her to someone who matches their criteria (maybe 2nd or 3rd cousin even YUCK) all cuz I'm a Tamil Christian... and partly crazy lol.. but seriously... we're both Indians for crying out loud and even if we weren't what gives them the right to stop love??! Such stupid traditions. We got better things to do than this crap like uh... IMPROVING our economy providing clean water to all villages, stop AIDS (sigh)



So run away to the kingdom of Far Far away and live happily ever after and no I don't mean a bollywood take off of Shrek
Back to top
Santhosh CHRiS
A well-dressed penguin


Offline
Joined: 07 May 2004
Posts: 860
Location: Canada

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:10 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Wally wrote:
Santhosh CHRiS wrote:
dosraider wrote:
Ah well, let's face it, they even don't like Indians in India.

/joky/


WORST is the fucking arranged marriage system. Like I'm in love with this Hindu girl from Andhra who is Telegu but her family will probably reject me and marry her to someone who matches their criteria (maybe 2nd or 3rd cousin even YUCK) all cuz I'm a Tamil Christian... and partly crazy lol.. but seriously... we're both Indians for crying out loud and even if we weren't what gives them the right to stop love??! Such stupid traditions. We got better things to do than this crap like uh... IMPROVING our economy providing clean water to all villages, stop AIDS (sigh)



So run away to the kingdom of Far Far away and live happily ever after and no I don't mean a bollywood take off of Shrek


Lol.. Bollywood Shrek. I'm sure they're working on something like that. Those idiots are ripping off everything these days lol Laughing

Btw it's 3:30 night here... what the heck am I doing still awake??! Shocked
Back to top
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin


Offline
Joined: 14 Sep 2002
Posts: 4627
Location: In the back of a jacked-up Ford.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:00 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

2LT Worm wrote:

America did not become the "richest" country in the world until after World War II.


Well, it became the richest in terms of GDP in 1901. That is, if you don't consider the British Empire as a single economy. If you do, those fuckers had more money than God.

I wanted to extrapolate on that, though. The source of wealth in the US was due to the nearly unlimited natural resources combined with the power of industry. The northern states were many times wealthier than the south even before the war, because the north was a post industrial, modern nation while the south was a third world agrarian aristocracy. The fact that the North won the war due to vastly superior weapons technology and production quality is rather ironic in light of the video.

The reason slavery ultimately failed wasn't due to merely altruistic reasons, it's because slavery is horribly inefficient and promotes laziness:

You can't train slaves to perform the complex tasks required for high tech production without educating them and giving them a dangerous amount of autonomy.

You can't use the lure of promotion, prestige, and higher wages to entice slaves to work harder. Slaves don't make any money anyway. In a situation where your only incentive to work is physical violence, you naturally work *just* hard enough to avoid beatings, and not a bit harder.

If you own other people who do your work for you, you naturally drift towards stagnation and laziness yourself. This is why the southern states/colonies remained at the exact same level of technology and productivity for nearly 270 years (not much changed from the 1590s), while the free states raced ahead and entered the modern era.

This is why I roll my eyes at people who claim that America is the richest nation in the world due to slave labor. It's the richest nation in the world despite slave labor. (ironically, quite a few people who claim the former do so in defense of slavery) It's no accident that the wealthiest nations in the world are also the nations with universal civil rights and democratic governments, while the poorest are the ones still enmeshed in Caste and racial conflicts. Freedom of choice and freedom from fear are very good for business.

Every single Democrat I know despises Michael Moore. His intellectual dishonesty, disgusting personal habits, and blatant narcissism have severely damaged liberal politics in the past 10 years. One could seriously argue, for example, that Fahrenheit 911 was a key contributing factor in Bush's reelection.
Back to top
CPT Worm
American Hero
<font color=gold>American Hero</font>


Offline
Joined: 25 May 2004
Posts: 1385
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:17 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogbreath wrote:
while the poorest are the ones still enmeshed in Caste and racial conflicts.

Oh shit, watch out Australia! Your GDP's about to plummet!
Back to top
GAMER
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god


Offline
Joined: 22 Sep 2002
Posts: 1527
Location: chasing chikeds in the snow!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:39 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just shaking my head.
Sigh.
I'll be in the original thread.
I really like reading what Worm and Dogbreath have to say though. You write very well.

Cool GAMER
Back to top
Santhosh CHRiS
A well-dressed penguin


Offline
Joined: 07 May 2004
Posts: 860
Location: Canada

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:55 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

GAMER wrote:

I really like reading what Worm and Dogbreath have to say though. You write very well.

Cool GAMER


Oh yes Dogbreath writes really well in particular. He was so quick to articulate the fact that since CM doesn't look Indian she shouldn't have much of a problem in Australia. Not to mention the way he pulls stats and web links to defend and backup almost everything he says, and then hates Michael Moore for doing more or less the exact same thing just because he's not always in favor of America.. and says things like "You know Cuba's healthcare system is better than the American one. We need to improve it."

I remember having a chat conversation with Dogbreath and all of a sudden he asks... India has rich people?? WTF??! OMIGOD SEE THIS LINK WITH THE STATS Lol And right after that the funniest thing... he whines about why the whole world thinks America is so violent with no gun control when infact so many Americans are helping 3rd world countries... And I'm like... dude it's the SAME thing you're saying about India. Not EVERYONE falls into the stereotypes set in the media.

Btw latest eh... stats say 67% of Americans are fat.. so that's more than half the population and since there are 2 of you here. I will assume one of you is overweight... I know Dogbreath is stick thin... that only leaves Mr.Worm I guess. Laughing
Back to top
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin


Offline
Joined: 14 Sep 2002
Posts: 4627
Location: In the back of a jacked-up Ford.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:53 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

And let the insults begin!

Santhosh CHRiS wrote:

Oh yes Dogbreath writes really well in particular. He was so quick to articulate the fact that since CM doesn't look Indian she shouldn't have much of a problem in Australia.


Perhaps my irony was too subtle. Or perhaps you're too thickheaded.

Quote:
Not to mention the way he pulls stats and web links to defend and backup almost everything he says, and then hates Michael Moore for doing more or less the exact same thing just because he's not always in favor of America.. and says things like "You know Cuba's healthcare system is better than the American one. We need to improve it."


LMAO, if you think I'm always in favor of America, you have absolutely no idea who I really am. I could probably put Mr. Moore to shame with some of the criticism I can level - anyone here who's ever talked with me on MSN has at some point been subjected to a political rant by me talking about the things I despise about America and American culture. Not that this thread is even remotely about America.

No, I hate Michael Moore because he's a liar and a self important blowhard who exploits and promotes ignorance. As Worm and I have already demonstrated, anyone with even basic knowledge of American history knows the video you posted is factually incorrect. Not just on the politically sensitive issues, I mean basic fact checking incorrect. His arguments are the exact opposite of mine in style: he will state two unrelated facts and imply correlation, he almost never uses reliable evidence, but instead uses weasel words, sweeping statements, and out of context soundbytes to make a point. He frequently edits film footage to twist the words of people he interviews.

That you would compare me to him is very insulting. Academically, my career depends on my untarnished integrity, and I've spent years being very careful to remain forthright. That you would accuse me of dishonesty is a very grave insult. If you're so acerbic in real life, it's a wonder you still have friends.

Quote:
I remember having a chat conversation with Dogbreath and all of a sudden he asks... India has rich people?? WTF??! OMIGOD SEE THIS LINK WITH THE STATS Lol And right after that the funniest thing... he whines about why the whole world thinks America is so violent with no gun control when infact so many Americans are helping 3rd world countries... And I'm like... dude it's the SAME thing you're saying about India. Not EVERYONE falls into the stereotypes set in the media.


Strangely I don't remember saying that. I do remember a 5 minute FB convo where you told me that India has universal healthcare, and I commented that must make India the wealthiest nation on Earth.

Quote:
Btw latest eh... stats say 67% of Americans are fat.. so that's more than half the population and since there are 2 of you here. I will assume one of you is overweight... I know Dogbreath is stick thin... that only leaves Mr.Worm I guess. Laughing


Laughing at bolded, I weigh 207 lbs. That's 93.8 KGs for you. Just looking at the photos in the "show yourself" thread will demonstrate I'm far from resembling a stick. It's because I exercise regularly and lift more than 10 KG when I weight train.

Mr. Worm must be the fatass, then. Everyone knows the military loves couch potatoes.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say, but the statistics that 67% of the U.S. population is overweight is absolutely correct. The majority of the population is out of shape. How far out of shapes varies... the percentage that is morbidly obese is much smaller. This is a commonly accepted fact, though. If you're trying to downplay the importance of statistics, a much better way would be to discuss the subjectivity of the term "overweight."

Statistics on murder, OTOH, are pretty crystal clear. The only ambiguity would be in the line between murder and manslaughter, and that's more of an issue of policing than statistical anomaly.
Back to top
GAMER
Gaming Demi-god
Gaming Demi-god


Offline
Joined: 22 Sep 2002
Posts: 1527
Location: chasing chikeds in the snow!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:55 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

Doggy wrote:
If you're so acerbic in real life, it's a wonder you still have friends.


And in addition to this statement, if you, Santhosh speak this way and think this way then i have no doubt of your danger in coming to Australia. Hell, I'D beat you up.

Cool GAMER

oh, and to clarify, before you start ranting that i'm an aggressor... i was using exaggeration to make a point. i am a pacifist, but you really are acting ignorantly and quite rudely in fact.
Back to top
Santhosh CHRiS
A well-dressed penguin


Offline
Joined: 07 May 2004
Posts: 860
Location: Canada

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:59 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

Look GAMER every country has it's social problems. I can openly say the caste system in India disgusts me which most countries don't have but I'm proud of Her otherwise and the government recognize this problem and we are slowly improving the situation., whereas you are so adamant in saying that there is no more racism in Australia than there is in the rest of the world. That may be true in 3rd world countries, but you deem yourself worthy of being called a developed Nation, and invite students from all over the world (especially from India) to study or work there for a better life but you can't even recognize this issue that's staring right in front of you.. infact you are actually looking away from it and so is your Prime Minister and government.

One of my friends Bev also an Aussie, is a very honest guy and told me that racism was indeed a very serious issue in Australia when compared to countries like U.S. UK. There's nothing to be ashamed about or call me ignorant for it. Realize the problem and don't go on denying it cuz that will only make things worse for both Indian and Australian relationships. Already the number of students going to Australia has plummeted and WILL effect your economy badly unless the government takes more saftey mesaures and reassures me that the money save up for years I spend will get me a better education and life. Not bruises or being called names.

I still redeem that Australia is beautiful country no doubt and 9/10 people are awesome TODAY... but her reputation in the rest of the world is fading again. And I'm not just talking about Indians. The worst affected people are aborigines... all through history after White settlement and sadly even today. To a MUCH lesser degree but still as I said a life is a life Sad

http://www.antar.org.au/node/221

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racism_in_Australia

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/cricket/other_international/australia/4670676.stm

http://www.abc.net.au/unleashed/stories/s2588104.htm

I'm not here to hurt any fellow Aussies here. I'm just saying the facts. If you hate me for it then well... I'm sorry.
Back to top
dosraider
Admin
Admin


Offline
Joined: 15 Mar 2005
Posts: 9246
Location: ROTFLMAO in Belgium.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:02 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

Santhosh CHRiS wrote:

Australia on the other hand... phew... My dad had THE worst time of his life living there. If he went on a bus and sat on an empty seat next to a white person, he would leave the seat in disgust.

To be honnest, on the rare occasions I use public transport, when someone come sit next to me when there are enough of empty seats, and as I'm usually in a "silent leave me the f*ck alone" mood in the mornings, I would also stand up and be seated somewhere else, that the other person is white, black, yellow, green or Indian doesn't matter..... of course it's extremely cheap to view this behavior as racist.
Raises the question, is it me that's a racist or is it your father that doesn't has the slightest idea how to behave in our countries.....?

Santhosh CHRiS wrote:
On the street if even by accident his hand touches an Australian's hand or any body part the person would immediately pull away angry and sometimes with racist slurs added.

See above the ""silent leave me the f*ck alone" mood in the mornings, and also we don't like to be touched by strangers, may they be white, black, yellow, green or Indian, maybe in your crowded country it's normal, not here, we like our privacy.
So I repeat:
Raises the question, is it me that's a racist or is it your father that doesn't has the slightest idea how to behave in our countries.....?

Santhosh, I can't help to get the distinct feeling reading this whole topic that YOU are the racist here, in fact it isn't a feeling, it's more a fact.
The way you post and your whole reasoning points towards it.
You should be ashamed.
Back to top
Santhosh CHRiS
A well-dressed penguin


Offline
Joined: 07 May 2004
Posts: 860
Location: Canada

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:40 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

dosraider wrote:

You should be ashamed.


Yes thank you. I should be ashamed. And so does my dad for filling me with all those incidents... why my whole family for that matter... there is no such thing as racism, infact as you said I'm the one who is racist here And when people in other forums say "His nuts must smell like curry", or "I find Indians too disgusting to look at so I can't watch your videos." or something I will know they were only trying to be friendly or in a very eh... bad mood. It's my fault really lol.

On a serious note this is one of the few public forums which I really like and is really decent and I thought I could make people understand how painful it is and maybe I was a bit harsh but alas my points were totally neglected... anywayz I won't post on these sensitive issues any longer and keep my posts very very general... perhaps talk about dosgames more often Laughing

I admit I'm not very smart, very open honest type person who tends to see things in black and white and ofcourse blabber on a bit when I talk even with my friends but thankfully I can still convey my messages and create awareness in a positive way through my flash and videos I upload in the internet so I can do my part.. Happy
Back to top
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin


Offline
Joined: 14 Sep 2002
Posts: 4627
Location: In the back of a jacked-up Ford.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:39 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Santhosh CHRiS wrote:

Yes thank you. I should be ashamed. And so does my dad for filling me with all those incidents... why my whole family for that matter... there is no such thing as racism, infact as you said I'm the one who is racist here And when people in other forums say "His nuts must smell like curry", or "I find Indians too disgusting to look at so I can't watch your videos." or something I will know they were only trying to be friendly or in a very eh... bad mood. It's my fault really lol.


But has anyone here said those things? Has anyone here insulted you for being an Indian, or made fun of you because of your race? So far, you're the only person here to promote racist arguments, and that is by calling other people racists because of where they live.

There's one very simple fact that you seem to miss, over and over and over. Please read this closely. These attacks on students are NOT being carried out by the government of Australia. They are being committed by a few lowlifes, and are likely not even racially motivated. Every effort is being made to find and prosecute the people responsible.

Can't you understand that?
Back to top
Santhosh CHRiS
A well-dressed penguin


Offline
Joined: 07 May 2004
Posts: 860
Location: Canada

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:06 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Dogbreath wrote:


There's one very simple fact that you seem to miss, over and over and over. Please read this closely. These attacks on students are NOT being carried out by the government of Australia. They are being committed by a few lowlifes, and are likely not even racially motivated. Every effort is being made to find and prosecute the people responsible.

Can't you understand that?


If they aren't racially motivated how come you only hear about Indians being killed or attacked all the time there these days??

Oh and btw THIS happened yesterday...

http://www.thecourier.com.au/news/local/news/general/indian-taxi-driver-bashed-in-sebastopol/1726223.aspx

Luckily he survived and AGAIN the Australian government is denying racist allegations DESPITE the driver being racially abused and racist slurs being said again and again by the attacker. HOW MUCH MORE PROOF DO YOU NEED?! Racism is what is fueling these lowlifes as you say to do this kind of shit in the first place and NO I am not in ANY way trying to be racist here, but just trying to address half the problems in this world comes from racism which you people STILL so blatantly dismiss. THAT is what pisses me off the most.

I have made it VERY clear that I am NOT in ANY way trying to attack ANY DGF member here and respect each nationality so stop lecturing me to death about that! I'm not saying all Aussies are racist nor am I insulting Australia or making fun of Her but only trying to help find something that will help both our Nations out in this time of crisis and nip things in the bud before they get any worse, but for that you must first recognize the problem before the healing can begin and people here fail to do that and just blame it on some odd probability and that people get killed... that's life.

I'm fighting against racism for Christ's sake. I'm the one putting myself OUT there by whatever means I can to raise awareness!


Last edited by Santhosh CHRiS on Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
Larry Laffer
Admin
Admin


Offline
Joined: 19 Feb 2006
Posts: 4143
Location: Romania

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:05 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Corellation does not imply causation.

You need to get out of your little personal world where you can only accept the things that suit you and start looking at things from perspective. You purposely ignore arguments that blatantly refute your own and cling to hearsay as if it were the solid truth. Using your brain more would be a terrific start!

You repeatedly saying that you are "in no way attacking any DGF member" does in no way make your allegations any less obtuse! Just because a number of people are racist does not mean a whole country is, which is exactly what you are proposing. Yes, there are racist people in Australia. Yes, there are racist people EVERYWHERE. Incidentally, said racists are also persecuted to the full extent of the law. Why? Because governments dictate so.

If you wouldn't be so obtuse yourself, you'd notice that *nowhere* in that article does it claim that the government denied racist allegations. If you'd actually bother reading the comments themselves, you'd gain some insight on the Australian's perspective.

Also, you need to understand that you will change nothing by preaching anti-racism, especially since your arguments are so shallow. For that matter, preaching is even less effective on this forum since we are all quite aware of current events and happen to be rational enough to know the difference between exaggerated headlines and real stuff. What awareness do you expect to raise here?



More garrulous than an intoxicated Dogbreath.
Back to top
Santhosh CHRiS
A well-dressed penguin


Offline
Joined: 07 May 2004
Posts: 860
Location: Canada

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:58 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah you all gang up on me as always and I always get tangled in the web of stupidity I create myself.... I guess you all hate me now.Sad

I just wanna add if you think what I've said is misguided just be glad some of my Indian friends aren't posting here because they are seriously pissed at the moment at all that's happening. Infact I'm the only one actually supporting half the stuff you guys just posted. Well me and another guy who used to live in UK. And the media here is like... phew... some people are planning to cancel cricket matches between India and Australia and the IPL. If you didn't know by now cricket is HUGE here and probably given probably the highest National priority.

There are also many protesters urging Indians to come back or not be sent at all and even our Prime Minister addressing Indians abroad to take better precautions. Again I'm only reporting what's happening here and in no way do I support it. I personally think the Nationwide panic is uncalled for as the situation is infact not so bad. Maybe if you were here you would understand more the intense feelings growing here and why I'm reacting like this.

Anywayz see you around... will come back when things cool down a bit.
Back to top
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin


Offline
Joined: 14 Sep 2002
Posts: 4627
Location: In the back of a jacked-up Ford.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:33 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Santhosh CHRiS wrote:

If they aren't racially motivated how come you only hear about Indians being killed or attacked all the time there these days??


Selective reporting? I already quoted in this thread, last year 302 people were murdered in Australia. Only a handful of those were Indian. If you want to hear about other attacks, knock yourself out. (please!)

Quote:

I'm fighting against racism for Christ's sake. I'm the one putting myself OUT there by whatever means I can to raise awareness!


Where you see a national racist conspiracy, I see a handful of beaten students who happen to be from India. Please calm down, your tone is very inappropriate for this forum. I think you would have a lot more success if you would simply stop, breathe, and start reasoning logically instead of ranting.

Since you're interested in using individual cases as "proof", I'll relate a personal experience and see what you make of it.

The only time I've ever been physically assaulted was by black men. Last summer, I was walking to my friend's house when 4 men jumped me and knocked me down. They were planning on robbing me, but when I got up and started hitting back, they ended up running away. They looked to be in their late teens, and none of them knew how to fight.

I have 2 friends, Brad and Janine, who have also been mugged by black men. My friend David was actually shot by a black man recently, and spent several days in the hospital recovering.

Just the other day, a black clerk at the store treated me rudely. Two weeks ago, a black man swore at me when I bumped into him in line.

Clearly, this demonstrates the horrific problem of racism against white people in the US. And does the government acknowledge this? Of course not! They're in cahoots with the black racists! I mean, even the leader of the USA is a black man! WHAT MORE PROOF DO YOU NEED?!?!

All the evidence I stated above is 100% true. But the conclusion I drew is total nonsense. And you would be very right to call me ignorant and racist if I really believed that. What makes it nonsense is I'm basing my arguments on anecdotal rather than statistical evidence. There is no black conspiracy.

You are making the exact same argument, with very similar examples, and are wondering why people are offended and are calling you a racist.

Statistics, on the other hand, tell me that there's no black conspiracy to kill white people. Strangely, in my city at least (according to the Indianapolis Star), you might postulate there's a black conspiracy *not* to kill white people. Nearly 90% of murders committed by black people last year were against other black people. The city is only about 30% black.

My insistence on statistics and rational argument isn't my trying to excuse or reason away the murders. I insist on it because it's impossible to deduce the truth about a national issue from individual cases. This isn't just politically, either.

You cannot determine the nature of an organism by randomly observing the behavior of a single cell.

You cannot determine the function of, say, pentamethylenediamine by studying the proton of a hydrogen atom.

You cannot determine the pressure or density of a gas by examining the speed of a single atom.

And you cannot determine the composition or character of a nation by examining a single citizen.

This is why we have statistics and the social sciences. They're not just other ways of coming to conclusions, they're the *only* way of effectively coming to the right conclusion.

Until you realize that, your drawing racist conclusions from arbitrary data makes *you* a racist. I recommend you spend a few hours at Stormfront and see just how closely your arguments match those of white supremacists. You'd be shocked.
Back to top
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin


Offline
Joined: 14 Sep 2002
Posts: 4627
Location: In the back of a jacked-up Ford.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:44 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Santhosh CHRiS wrote:
Ah you all gang up on me as always and I always get tangled in the web of stupidity I create myself.... I guess you all hate me now.Sad

I just wanna add if you think what I've said is misguided just be glad some of my Indian friends aren't posting here because they are seriously pissed at the moment at all that's happening. Infact I'm the only one actually supporting half the stuff you guys just posted. Well me and another guy who used to live in UK. And the media here is like... phew... some people are planning to cancel cricket matches between India and Australia and the IPL. If you didn't know by now cricket is HUGE here and probably given probably the highest National priority.

There are also many protesters urging Indians to come back or not be sent at all and even our Prime Minister addressing Indians abroad to take better precautions. Again I'm only reporting what's happening here and in no way do I support it. I personally think the Nationwide panic is uncalled for as the situation is infact not so bad. Maybe if you were here you would understand more the intense feelings growing here and why I'm reacting like this.

Anywayz see you around... will come back when things cool down a bit.


Hmm, after reading this, I'm grateful that you've kept a relatively calm demeanor. I ask that you consider everything we've said, and become a voice of reason among your peers instead of stirring up hatred and violence. This sort of mob mentality you're describing is never good, and frequently ends tragically.

*Here's hoping cooler heads prevail*
Back to top
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> General Off-Topic All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group and Ask an Expert
Also powered by Darren and the other admin and mods' hard work! ;)