DOS Games Message Board
DOS Games Discussion
A message board to talk about DOS games, get help, and find old games.
Do NOT post warez or abandonware requests please

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
NEW! DOSGames.com has been massively upgraded to v2.0 with TONS of new features!
Check out the new design and dozens of new features including online play!

Why???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> General Off-Topic
manstie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:28 am     Post subject: Why??? Reply with quote

Why do the admins tell us to read things that are useless to the information we are trying to gather?
dosraider
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:23 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

Because the admins of DGF are complete a*ses, that's a well known fact.

We have rules; if you don't want to follow them:
Create your own forum.

[Edit]
Ref for adm/mods:
http://www.dosgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13699
Santhosh CHRiS
A well-dressed penguin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:43 am     Post subject: Re: Why??? Reply with quote

manstie wrote:
Why do the admins tell us to read things that are useless to the information we are trying to gather?

To be frank I never read them and maybe I have broken a few of them here and there but I'd never call them useless and moreover NEVER say anything about admins in their own forum... Nope.. well not in public anyway. Join the secret society to overthrow the thought police! Down with Big Brother!! Shit-Eating Grin

Jus kiddin... I love Big Brother plus I think his little sister is HOT!!
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:35 pm     Post subject: Re: Why??? Reply with quote

manstie wrote:

Well, first off, dosraider being a jerk is well known. It's even mentioned in the forum rules! (go ahead and read them, Santhosh. I think you've broken around half of them in your career Tbbbbbth!)

Second, I just read the PM you send him. He asked you to read the dosbox howto... that's not useless at all. About 30 seconds of browsing it would have solved your problem, instead of forcing dosraider to type out a whole new personalized walk through just for you. (which he seems to be in the middle of doing anyway)

Finally, just because you're now on the internet doesn't give you license to be rude. Just calm down, read the rules, and behave properly. It'll make solving your problem go much faster and easier if you don't insult or piss off everyone trying to help you.
CPT Worm
American Hero
<font color=gold>American Hero</font>

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:17 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Long story short, it's better to ask questions in public that way others can learn from your experiences.
Santhosh CHRiS
A well-dressed penguin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:11 am     Post subject: Re: Why??? Reply with quote

Dogbreath wrote:

Well, first off, dosraider being a jerk is well known. It's even mentioned in the forum rules!

Yup here it is... should've went through this a long time ago

"Unlike some forums, all of our moderators are also active posters, so you will probably get in discussions with them as well. Donít worry, they are nice enough. (Except for dosraider obviously)"

Obviously??? Laughing
Larry Laffer
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:17 am     Post subject: Re: Why??? Reply with quote

manstie wrote:

Because it's a known fact that reading makes you smarter.
Wally
King of the Carrot Flowers

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:43 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate to single you out manstie, but you're the only person who doesn't read shit..

So start reading shit.
Dogbreath
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:19 pm     Post subject: Re: Why??? Reply with quote

Larry Laffer wrote:
manstie wrote:

Because it's a known fact that reading makes you smarter.

It also gives you cancer.

p.s., manstie, you're the second person from Perth who's posted on this forum. It's a long shot, but it'd be funny if you and Cmaza knew eachother.
manstie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:55 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Um... okay?
Cmaza
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:19 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

o.0

Definitely don't know the person.. but somehow feel.. slightly insulted. Not sure why, but anyhow.. Nice to meet you!! I think.. <.<

Oh, and reading is good. Infact, if you don't like reading things, you probably shouldn't involve yourself with foruming, seeing as that tends to involve a lot of reading things, such as forum posts..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> General Off-Topic All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1