DOS Games Message Board
DOS Games Discussion
A message board to talk about DOS games, get help, and find old games.
Do NOT post warez or abandonware requests please

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
NEW! DOSGames.com has been massively upgraded to v2.0 with TONS of new features!
Check out the new design and dozens of new features including online play!

Saving Rogue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Game Help, Hints and Tips

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:34 am     Post subject: Saving Rogue Reply with quote

I downloaded Rogue off of this site and I don't know how to save my game. If anyone knows it would be great.

Moved to GHHT where it belongs ~dosraider

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:35 am     Post subject: Re: Saving Rogue Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
I downloaded Rogue off of this site and I don't know how to save my game. If anyone knows it would be great.
I know how to create a save file but I don't know how to load it. Does it have to do with pressing F10 and entering a command?
dosraider
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:12 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

When you save a game, example: rogue1.sav, you load it at the prompt with:
rogue rogue1.sav
Panic Cat

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:01 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't quit understand. So I save the file, start a new game, hit F10 and type in rogue rogue.sav rogue.sav being my savefile? When I open rogue do I need to name the character the same as on the file?
dosraider
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:50 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

How do you run the game?
I run it in dosbox.
Input that line to load the saved game on the dosbox prompt.

You can name your character any name you want, nothing to see with the saved games.

click->
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Game Help, Hints and Tips All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1