DOS Games Message Board
DOS Games Discussion
A message board to talk about DOS games, get help, and find old games.
Do NOT post warez or abandonware requests please

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Looking for an old game about Merlin

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Find Old Games
lemmingpd

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:38 am     Post subject: Looking for an old game about Merlin Reply with quote

Hi, first post here Happy I'm looking for a game I think it had Merlin in the name, not too sure, but you had an island map that you moved around in according to this dice that got thrown. You were a coloured dot that moved along the required amount and if you landed on a red chest you got either a gold bar, a silver bar, a key, got mugged or it was empty. You played against other computer dots that were different colours and they could rob you off all your things if they landed on you.

The aim of the game was to get the key then the wand then get ot the castle on the second part of the island. It was very basic and not hugely animated. Hope this helps Happy

Many thanks if anyone can even get the name of it for me Happy
chriswyatt

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:42 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I remember a game on a cover CD with Merlin in the title, I remember seeing a pixellated wizard. I don't think I managed to get the game to work though and I remember it messing up AUTOEXEC.BAT or CONFIG.SYS and the computer wouldn't start Tbbbbbth! . Sorry that's not much help but we might be thinking of the same game here.

Tried to do a Google and nothing much came up.

Going off topic a bit, there's a similar sounding and quite well made game written in Java called Wiz3, you might like it.
lemmingpd

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:52 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll check that out Happy thanks, let me know if you find out the name of the game though, thinking back now I beleive it ran in Win 3.1 :S can't remember was so long ago lol.
ZoZoeee123

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:19 am     Post subject: I am looking for the same game! Reply with quote

Hey,

I was searching on Google for the very same game and decided it was called Merlin something too! Maybe Merlin's quest or Merlin's castle? It had poor graphics but was so good to play! The theme music was if I were a rich man! Have been searching and searching but am unable to find anything. Am not sure if it was ever available on disk? I used to play it online. Please let me know if anyone finds it!

Thanks,
Zoe
lemmingpd

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:10 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes that was it! I remember that music Shit-Eating Grin I'll post if I find it Tbbbbbth!
danielrbennett

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:53 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Lemmingpd,

It just so happens that I also recall the game you're thinking about. It was created in 1992 under the title "Merlin". I was thinking of that game earlier, which brought me to your post. I see it's been a while since you've been active, I sincerely hope you get this message.

I have a copy of the game for you, all I need to know is how to get it to you. Gmail might not allow me to upload it, I seem to think it does a check for .exe files being attached. Do you have an ftp server, or an msn/aim account?

Regards,

Daniel
mandalynn

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:36 am     Post subject: merlin game Reply with quote

hey i would love to have a copy of that. would you be able to upload it to me somehow. i am not in the States at the moment. thanks!

-mandalynn

danielrbennett wrote:
Hello Lemmingpd,

It just so happens that I also recall the game you're thinking about. It was created in 1992 under the title "Merlin". I was thinking of that game earlier, which brought me to your post. I see it's been a while since you've been active, I sincerely hope you get this message.

I have a copy of the game for you, all I need to know is how to get it to you. Gmail might not allow me to upload it, I seem to think it does a check for .exe files being attached. Do you have an ftp server, or an msn/aim account?

Regards,

Daniel
tara6510

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:50 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

can you send it to me too, pretty please? I used to play it when I was a kid.

WARNING: Please do NOT post your email address or other contact info here, if you do you will NOT receive a reply. This is not a call-back service, please come back later to read replies to your post.@cmaaccess

=D
AMD20x6

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:08 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

I emailed Daniel and he was able to get a copy to me. As it's shareware the author, Carl Bjork, shouldn't object to it being posted. He only asks for a $15 registration fee if you use it for longer than one week. The contact information given with the game is likely outdated but I've found a possible lead on tracking him down. I'll update this post if I'm able to find him.

Merlin download (.zip)
dosraider
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:40 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

THX AMD20x6, much appreciated.
Happy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:09 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

i lovee this game but iv tryed to get it to work on my computer iv extracted the game etc but it says computer not compatible. Sad iv tryed changing the properties but im stuck on what to do now.. any help??
dosraider
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:19 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

Is a Win3.x game.

Your possibilities if it can't run directly on your OS:
-> Dosbox 0.74 + Win3.x
-> VPC2007 + Dos/Win3.x
-> VPC2007 + W98(SE)

If you still have problems?
Post in the appropriate section of the forum:
Get games to work

[Edit]
Goes on there:
http://www.dosgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18591
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Find Old Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Free Windows games