DOS Games Message Board
DOS Games Discussion
A message board to talk about DOS games, get help, and find old games.
Do NOT post warez or abandonware requests please

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Editing Ultimate Soccer Manager

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Game Creation
TicTacWoe

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:29 am     Post subject: Editing Ultimate Soccer Manager Reply with quote

Hello I don't know if anyone here can help me but I'll give it a shot. I'm currently editing the database for Ultimate soccer manager 98 to update the player/team data to the present day. I am using a data editor that was made by fans of the game when it was available which is generally very good for this sort of thing though it is possible to edit the game by simply editing the .DAT files with a hex editor also but is much more time consuming.

Anyway, the main problem I have is that the game will still start in 1997 as there is no field in the editor to change when the game begins. I need to find out how to change it so that it begins in 2008. I know this is possible as back in the days when the game was out the guy who ran the fans website made a 'calendar patch' which would mean that the game would start from 2001 onwards.

Does anyone have any idea what sort of files I would have to edit and how to get the game to start in 2008?
zebinthe

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:44 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you send your new edit USM ?
Because USM is greatest manager ever!!!

THank You

PROPZZZ
ndunsmuir

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 11:09 am     Post subject: update Reply with quote

is there any chance of mailing me your update, love the game, would be much appreciated

thanks
dane_4u

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:51 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a brand new update for USM98 that brings the game into 2012/2013 it took me and a friend months but it has been done and it can be downloaded from the facebook group 'Ultimate Soccer Manager Update' please feel free to download it and let me know what you think.

I would also love to know if you ever managed to change the year as it would be very handy indeed for my update!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Game Creation All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Free Windows games