LHX Attack chopper: medals and "dropping the cargo"

Ask for help with playing games, or post your own tips and strategies.
Axelon

LHX medal of honor

Post by Axelon »

I signed up just to say that back in the day i did achieve the medal of honor. It was a rescue mission on the Very Hard difficulty. I clearly remember choosing an Osprey and dodging/taking lots of enemy fire even before I got to the downed pilot. switching 'modes' (heli/plane) on the osprey was such a pain for me. I grabbed the pilot and safely made it back. And thats how i got the medal of honor.

Peace.

[Edit]
P.S. I do NOT remember the mission score :(
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

THX for the info, Axelon, almost forgot those @#@#@# Ospreys.

Hmmmmm, maybe I'll reinstall the game and play it again .....
*As if I would find the needed time, sigh*
wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.
markusb81

Post by markusb81 »

I'm trying like crazy... (what Axelon said)

@Axelon: Did you get this in Germany?
(Dustoff?)

I got silver star + "seriously banged up" (perhaps not enough before picking up the pilot), didn't help.
Once Hydraulic got damaged BEFORE I got to the pilot, and made it safely back (not exactly, but also not by pickup), didn't help.

It's like hundreds of attempts now...
But ok, I don't blame the game. Perhaps, when I get the medal, I don't ever play it again ;)
MBK

Post by MBK »

Hi guys,

It's been a while since I started this post (although now I do not remember the username I logged back then). Anyway, could you please tell me which version of LHX you use, because regardless what I do, I won't get more points then ca.1500. Normally, I've been flying a lot on a hard or very hard difficulty in Europe, but it did not help much in getting significantly more points and the highest medal I have is still the silver star.

Could it be that there are several versions of the game, some with question at the start, some without them? Could s.one please post me a link to a version on which he scored more then 2000pt? Many thanks.

EDIT: is silver star awarded just once?
Last edited by MBK on Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.
MBK

Post by MBK »

iwaN wrote:good job. yeah, i wanted to reply that i had over 4000 points.. nothing but d.s.X. as you said. it seems that medal of honor is not awarded for points. i dont really get it :-??
Medal of Honor is normally awarded for the exceptional performance in battle, saving lives and more importantly getting injured while doing that. That's why it did worked with the Osprey and rescue mission.
markusb81

Post by markusb81 »

MBK wrote: Anyway, could you please tell me which version of LHX you use, because regardless what I do, I won't get more points then ca.1500.
[...]
Could it be that there are several versions of the game, some with question at the start, some without them? Could s.one please post me a link to a version on which he scored more then 2000pt? Many thanks.
I cannot tell a specific version number. There is just the year 1990.
I really think I achieved the high scores only due to cheating! (being invisible or having unlimited ammo)
MBK wrote: EDIT: is silver star awarded just once?
No, pretty sure I get it as often as I want to.
MBK

Post by MBK »

The thing is that there is a version where you are asked questions about the size and weight of several armament pieces and if you fail in doing so, mission score should be reduced significantly. Then there is another one without question being around, where I get similar scores as with the first one.

The highest score I got so far was s.thing like 2700 (germany, very hard, POW rescue mission and shooting lot of planes) and don't see much other ways how to expand it.

Markusb81: would you care sharing you version of LHX so I can try to get more points?
markusb81

Post by markusb81 »

@MBK:
Try Aerial Intercept in Germany with Osprey and Cheats (very hard). Once I got 10.618 for that. So perhaps even a good choice without cheating.
Even Chemical Warfare in Libya got me 11.840 once.
MBK

Post by MBK »

Never got in Libia more than 900pts. Aerial intercept with Osprey and cheats +very hard = 2500pts. (Used only cannons and saving shots as much possible to get the highest possible number of planes/helis down)
iwaN

Post by iwaN »

any success?
MBK

Post by MBK »

no. no luck. I believe it is due to hacked or otherwise tweaked version of LHX. (the one not asking questions), or I just don't know. I should have originals s.where but on old 5 and 1/2 inch disks, so they are no use to me to test my hypothesis.

I'll gladly provide my email if s.one could send me the version he used to score >3000pts.
MBK

Post by MBK »

3000 pts now seems no problem.
markusb81

Post by markusb81 »

I'm close to give up on my quest for medal of honor.

I had that idea left of getting the fuel tank damaged before picking up the man.
It took me like one thousand tries (really) to finally achieve this...

Nothing!! :angry: :huh:

(Ok, it was only Dustoff in Libya, about 1300 points, very hard of course.)

If only Axelon could make more precise what mission, where, and the points...
MBK

Post by MBK »

as I said (based on the official data on MOH), go for a rescue mission (Europe), get injured, bang up the chopper and get back.
Last edited by MBK on Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

MBK wrote:....and get back.
That can be tricky .......
wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.
MBK

Post by MBK »

yes I know. well, from my point of view getting there is a bit more problematic. on the way back just follow the path you cleared.
iwaN

Post by iwaN »

MBK wrote: on the way back just follow the path you cleared.
or you can fly above 25000 with ausprey, out of reach of enemy's fire
iwaN

Post by iwaN »

markusb81 wrote:I'm close to give up on my quest for medal of honor.

If only Axelon could make more precise what mission, where, and the points...

yeah.. me too.
iwaN

Post by iwaN »

MBK wrote:as I said (based on the official data on MOH), go for a rescue mission (Europe), get injured, bang up the chopper and get back.
did it work for you?
iwaN

Post by iwaN »

markusb81 wrote: (being invisible or having unlimited ammo)
unlimited ammo.. how do u mean?.. i thought you dont get any points for using ctrl+r