DOS Games Message Board
DOS Games Discussion
A message board to talk about DOS games, get help, and find old games.
Do NOT post warez or abandonware requests please

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
NEW! DOSGames.com has been massively upgraded to v2.0 with TONS of new features!
Check out the new design and dozens of new features including online play!

Solar Winds cheat

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Game Help, Hints and Tips
BobaFett2040

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:27 pm     Post subject: Solar Winds cheat Reply with quote

I have Solar Winds episode 1. I assume that it is only released as shareware/freeware. There is a cheat floating around that states that if you press F7 while in engineering mode you will obtain 700 GW of power. Try as I might I am unable to make it work. I use DOSBox v0.72. I press the E key to enter engineering mode and I press F7 like a mad-man untill I get to my destination, long trips only, and I get nothing. I've seen links for a trainer (Which I doubt is real as it's a dos game), and a save game editor. I'd settle for someone to step me through a hex editing cheat. It's all the same to me.
dosraider
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:27 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't that cheat depends of the version? I thought so, and if I'm right it seems you have the wrong version.
There exist indeed trainers, but they screw up completely the gameplay, so all by all: worthless.
About a 'step by step' savegame 'hex edit howto' : google.

My advise: play the game as it was meant to be, it's too good to cheat.
BobaFett2040

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:48 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree completely. What version do I need and where can I find it? I was hoping for a solar winds specific hex edit walkthrough.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Game Help, Hints and Tips All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1