Trouble installing Crusader No Remorse, please help!

Post problems with getting games installed and running properly here.

Trouble installing Crusader No Remorse, please help!

Post by Guest »

Hi,

I'm having some trouble getting Crusader No Remorse to install under DOSBox 0.72.

I have a cd-rip of the game which I mount as a cd-rom drive. I can launch the installer ok but the problem is it will not actually install because for some reason it thinks my c: drive has no space (0mb) free.

My mount commands are as follows:

mount c d:\games\dosbox
mount d d:\iso\no_remorse -t cdrom

I've also tried making the rip into an iso with ImgBurn and mounting:

imgmount d d:\iso\no_remorse.iso -t iso

but that does not work either. The installer still thinks there is 0mb free on c: drive. There's actually tons of space free so diskspace is not the problem.

Has anyone else come across this problem and knows how to fix it? Any help here would be really appreciated!!

Thanks!
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Re: Trouble installing Crusader No Remorse, please help!

Post by dosraider »

Anonymous wrote: mount c d:\games\dosbox
mount d d:\iso\no_remorse -t cdrom
imgmount d d:\iso\no_remorse.iso -t iso
No, nope, no good.
no_remorse and no_remorse.iso =10 chars, nope.
Nope, no good, not at all.

mount c d:\games\dosbox
Nope, no good, not at all.

Here it begins:
If on XP:
http://www.dosgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5443
If on Vista:
http://www.dosgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10437
Or to run dosbox from a USB key:
http://www.dosgames.com/forum/about11743.html

Don't invent some strange mounts, you will only screw yourself.
And BTW, the game has a copy protection, if you have a 'nocd' cracked version, it better be a good one, or it will never run.
And most 'nocd' versions can't run the installer to install the game, it must be runned directly.
If that's the case with your cracked version, no idea, ask where you downloaded it?

Also, I would advise you to hunt the internet for the ISO, or buy the game, runs perfect in dosbox.
http://www.dosgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10245
wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.

Post by Guest »

Thanks for the reply.

I've actually got it working now. Turns out I had to extract all the files onto the hard drive and also mount the folder (with the same contents) as a cd-rom drive. Now the game works fine :)

No need to change my mount points, I use d:\games\dosbox as my virtual c: mount point to keep all my dosbox game installations separated from everything else. Works well and is more ogranised that way I find.

Also there is no problem with 'no_remorse' being 10chars, why would there be? I know DOS likes 8.3 character file names but a name gets truncated if it's too long anyway.

Thanks though, I'm off to go relive some memories with the tough guy in a red suit :D
dosraider
Admin
Admin

Post by dosraider »

When you use +8 chars without "" some games won't be able to:
or find their files
or write savegames.

Some even won't be able to do the things I've mentioned (and some others thingies) with the "".
That's why.
It all depends how it's coded in the game engine.

If it worked t'll now for you, it means you just were lucky t'll now, that's not the same as being smart.
wardrich wrote:The contrasts in personalities will deliver some SERIOUS lulz. I can't wait.

Post by Guest »

dosraider wrote:Some even won't be able to do the things I've mentioned (and some others thingies) with the "".
That's why.
Ok I'll keep that in mind. Not trying to be smart, I've just not had any problems with longer file names. They always get truncated to something ugly like EXAMPL~1.EXE. ....which is probably reason enough to keep to 8 chars B)

Anyway time to go find some spider mines woohoo! :D