DOS Games Message Board
DOS Games Discussion
A message board to talk about DOS games, get help, and find old games.
Do NOT post warez or abandonware requests please

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
NEW! DOSGames.com has been massively upgraded to v2.0 with TONS of new features!
Check out the new design and dozens of new features including online play!

My 1989 Tandy...

wardrich
"Some Troll"

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 11:40 am     Post subject: My 1989 Tandy... Reply with quote

i FINALLY found a pic of one like mine. The pics on this site are close to my computer, but the one on the site is still better (note the hard drive) amongs other things. Nevertheless, here's the url http://meltingpot.fortunecity.com/andorra/937/tandypics/index.html
johpower
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 6:15 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

Horrifying isn't it! Laughing I sold one to a friend in '91 and I have an earlier dual 5.25" drive beasty in the basement. The newer one used a 12mhz 286 CPU but had only 8-bit ISA slots! Made it a really "fast" 8088.
Unknown_K
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 3:03 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

I bet it plays the old CGA/TGA games nicely.
johpower
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2003 5:04 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to say I haven't warmed it's power supply in a llllloooooonnnngggggg time. Don't recall if it's even a 640k PC. Ashamed

But the friend who got the other one was sent the pic and remembered the old beast instantly. Said thanks for teaching her Dosshell, without which she wouldn't have gotten anything done! (I still miss the F9 "display file contents" which allowed me to quickly and easily...without damaging anything.... figure out what so many cryptically named 8:3 files and progs might be or do or were attached to other progs. File Manager/Winfile could sure use it. Wink )
Unknown_K
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2003 11:07 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

I need to get a Tandy with TGA video to complete my PC hardware collection for dos games.

Dont have anything that plays TGA now, and CGA isnt exactly perfect on a VGA card
johpower
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2003 5:15 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me dig it out and get back to you.
Ro@m
Hamachi Guardian

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 6:56 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

i've got an 20mhz 386 in me room,i hera music with it when the goddamned media player wont work with some cd's,put the head phones and listen great,ya know it has the cd drive like the playstation 1,ye know ya push the button and it opens Happy
Unknown_K
Way too much free time
Way too much free time

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2003 6:28 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefull my tandy cm-11 monitor gets here next week so I can play wasteland on my Tandy 1000hx in TGA/CGA resolution!

I junked the cm-5 monitor I got with my original purchase and am still waiting for the refunch check from the shipper (item was damaged in shipping).

So I should have all dos games covered with my XT, 386, pentium computers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1