DOS Games Message Board
DOS Games Discussion
A message board to talk about DOS games, get help, and find old games.
Do NOT post warez or abandonware requests please

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
NEW! DOSGames.com has been massively upgraded to v2.0 with TONS of new features!
Check out the new design and dozens of new features including online play!

the name of that game

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Find Old Games
Retrogameman

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 9:10 am     Post subject: the name of that game Reply with quote

Does anybody know an old DOS game in which you could collect items like a pogo stick etc. and go into rooms. It was colour and a sidescrolling game, from right to left if I remember correctly. You controlled this boy with yellow hair. I think there may have been green blob monsters you could shoot in it. I think the boy you controlled had a blue and white horizontal striped t-shirt. I believe the game had at least 1 sequel. It was around about 1991 or earlier. Thankyou if anyone can help.
cessnapilot18

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 9:24 am     Post subject: Commander Keen? Reply with quote

Sounds kinda like one of the Commander Keen games to me.
wardrich
"Some Troll"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 9:38 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

first of all, it was a football helmet... 2nd of all, it is a commander Keen game... prolly the first one... i believe it was called "The Attack of the Vorticons."
Retrogameman

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 10:59 am     Post subject: no no no you've got it wrong Reply with quote

Thanks for your replies but I should've emphasised it is NOT ANY VERSION OF commander keen.

It is NOT a helmet the boy is wearing, and although commander keen does have a pogo stick and green alien looking thing I am certain this game is entirely different!

More about this game:

- Outside was green grass, bright blue sky
- Doorways were black archways
- Inside rooms was dark; could collect items from here; there were possibly ladders or poles leading down to more rooms
- The game was difficult (well at the time at least)
- It had good EGA or basic VGA graphics
- 1 player (obviously)
- Had to jump over cliffs
- The ground under the grass may have been purple

So if anyone knows the name of the game I am talking about please let me know. It may or may not be a good game; it is hard to know because I was a young kid at the time. I do remember I liked the game at the time.

The name of the game may have started with B
and... had NOTHING to do with commander keen.

So if anyone knows; please help.
Wally
King of the Carrot Flowers

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 8:21 pm     Post subject: I know this game Reply with quote

Is this game like a boy and his blob on nintendo???
John The Ax

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 2:14 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this sounds odd, but you've exactly described Commander Keen Episode 4: Secret of the Oracle. I mean, to a T. Are you sure it's not the fourth?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Find Old Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1