DOS Games Message Board
DOS Games Discussion
A message board to talk about DOS games, get help, and find old games.
Do NOT post warez or abandonware requests please

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Game that came with Johnny Walker?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Find Old Games
nickd87

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:44 am     Post subject: Game that came with Johnny Walker? Reply with quote

Completely stabbing the dark here, but I seem to remember from my childhood that a PC computer game was once being given out with bottles of Johnny Walker? From memory, I thought it was called "Red Alert" but googling this hasn't produced anything. Also, I'm not sure if it was definitely Johnny Walker.

Can anyone remember it?
Wally

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:49 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

Just so you know dosraider, I asked nickd87 to post here from MacTalk.. Happy

Im sure you know what its called. Seeing you drink a lot Wink

Wally
dosraider
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:52 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

The game he's looking for is prob Command & Conquer: Red Alert.
http://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/command-conquer-red-alert-2
http://www.mobygames.com/game/dos/command-conquer-red-alert

That's all I needed, another macnut in da house :/
Wally

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:53 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently its more of a puzzle game dosraider.

Quote:

it wasn't C&C: Red Alert. I'm pretty sure it came on a floppy when you bought the bottle.

You had to solve codes to get into different rooms, I think. I actually can't remember that much about it - but I must be remembering it as cool for some reason!

It also fits onto one floppy

Wally
dosraider
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:14 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

Some more info you wanna share with us Wally?
Suspicious

One of the Red Cat?
HotU has Red Cat2:
http://www.the-underdogs.info/game.php?id=5016

No info to find about Red Cat (1) but it could fit his description, must have it around , somewhere, gonna look for it later and take a screenie.
Later .....
nickd87

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:45 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

dosraider wrote:
Some more info you wanna share with us Wally?
Suspicious

No info to find about Red Cat (1) but it could fit his description, must have it around , somewhere, gonna look for it later and take a screenie.
Later .....

Nah, unfortunately this one wasn't it. I know I'm not giving you much to work with (sorry) but this was so long ago now! If I remember correctly, it was sort of like Doom as if you walked around etc and you had to crack codes (i think) to get into some rooms.

I'm going to get into contact with the person I used to play the game with to see if they remember anything more. Thanks for your help so far both of you:)
dosraider
Admin
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:17 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

Certainly not Red Cat (1) neither, that's more a platform game.

And if you drunk that bottle whilst playing, no wonder you can't remember more .... Laughing
1LT Worm
American Hero
<font color=gold>American Hero</font>

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:52 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

A game with Johnnie Walker? What?! I've need gotten any games with my whiskey....=(

(Although I normally get Tenley Whiskey)
nickd87

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:19 am     Post subject: Reply with quote

dosraider wrote:
Certainly not Red Cat (1) neither, that's more a platform game.

And if you drunk that bottle whilst playing, no wonder you can't remember more .... Laughing

Argh - I know this is going to drive me crazy until the day I die or until i find out!
Grandy02

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:03 am     Post subject: Re: Game that came with Johnny Walker? Reply with quote

The only game related to Johnnie Walker I know is "Moorhuhn" (a chicken shooting game). But that is definately not what you search. A Frikkin Cuccoan
AL9999

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:22 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone, I know this is an old thread but I stumbled upon it while doing a search for this game.

This game definitely existed. I remember playing it when I was a kid as well and was wishing I could remember what it was called. Now, tidying up old stuff, I stumbled upon the floppy disk from which I had installed it. The game is called Johnnie Walker Presents Red Alert, but unfortunately my PC won't read the floppy...

It was an extremely short game and designed to promote the drink, but the setting was cool, it was an extremely short adventure game about the lone captain of a spacecraft who had to defuse the self-destruct mechanism that had enabled itself on the ship (or something like that).

Going to try this floppy in my work's older computer, failing that though, hopefully it can be found elsewhere...
Dennis

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:00 pm     Post subject: OMG Reply with quote

Hahaha, I thought I was the only one!!! My uncle works as hotel management and they hosted a work party for the Johnnie walker representatives or something. Long story short, he gave me johnnie walker presents red alert!!' I cannot find my disc, but let us know how it goes! Always wanted to finish it. You start off in the front of the ship and you have to stop the self destruction of your space craft carrying precious johnnie walker cargo for some reason in a huge star trek like ship.I can believe this game has haunted you cause it's definitely one I remember strongly.
Flamebird

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:00 pm     Post subject: I still have it! Reply with quote

I just wanted you to know that I have found the files located on an old zip drive archive I had.

I tried to load the disk up under windows and it was no go. However when I fire up dosbox and read the floppy from there it works. Must be a formatting incompatibility with windows....

Let me know if you want a copy.
Wally

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:17 pm     Post subject: Reply with quote

Upload a copy for us Happy
Flamebird

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:33 am     Post subject: Ummmmmmm Reply with quote

Forgive my ignorance but I have no idea how to upload to your site.

Can you let me know how I can do it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DOS Games Discussion Forum Index -> Find Old Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Free Windows games